RPG Print News – Evil Genius Games, WizKids, and More

New RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers

Dungeons & Dragons gets a modern setting update in Everyday Heroes with movie adventure support, trap miniatures including a flamethrower and an acid pit trap, a rune stone mini, and boxed adventures complete with miniatures and battle maps. Both Pathfinder First Edition and Primal Quest Essentials get support with adventures and a supplement for the latter. Finally, Renegade Game Studios has support for the G.I. JOE RPG and My Little Pony RPG.

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers through kickstarter or as print on demand.

132 everyday heroes.JPG
132 everyday heroes screen.JPG
132 escape from new york.JPG
132 the crow.JPG

Everyday Heroes | Everyday Heroes Gamemaster Screen | Escape from New York | The Crow by Evil Genius Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook/GM screen/softcover adventures
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99/$14.99/$24.99/$24.99
  • OTHER RPG COVERAGE: Everyday Arcana: An Interview with Dave Scott and Kong: Skull Island for Everyday Heroes: an Interview with Dave Scott
  • DESCRIPTION: Everyday Heroes is a modern day roleplaying system based on d20 Modern, refreshed for Dungeons & Dragons 5E and supported by adventures set in popular movie franchise settings. Includes 20 classes, dozens of backgrounds, professions, feats, and equipment. Also has a wealth system and rules for chases. The 4-panel Gamemaster Screen gives easy access to the key tables and rules needed to run adventures. Escape From New York is set four years before Snake Plissken arrives on the scene. The PCs are a party of unwilling prisoners must disarm a nuclear bomb hidden in the head of the Statue of Liberty before their time runs out. Includes an adventure and new mechanics. In The Crow, the PCs had their deaths orchestrated by the evil mastermind Vee, who is forcing the return of the Crow to bring her twin sister back to life. Will you be a pawn in her scheme or put an end to her madness? Includes an adventure and new mechanics.
132 tc dungeon 3.JPG
132 tc dungeon 4.JPG

Terrain Crate: Dungeon Adventures - Beware the Green Rage | Terrain Crate: Dungeon Adventures - Curse of the Vampire by Mantic Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box sets with unpainted and pre-assembled miniatures
  • RETAIL PRICE: $60 each
  • DESCRIPTION: Beware the Green Rage is a 5th level adventure in which the PCs face the banner of the orc godspeaker Var-Rok, a powerful user of cruel orc magic. Includes: adventure book, double-sided paper map, 30 plus scenery pieces: train track, tents, and campfires. Curse of the Vampire is a 6th level adventure surrounding Lady Trynn, a halfling noble who has become more reclusive and erratic as of late. The Mayor of Anserton hires the PCs to investigate. Contents: adventure book, double-sided paper mat, and 20 plus scenery pieces including a table and chairs, rug, bed, piano, grandfather clock, and statue of armor.
132 deadly delves.JPG

Deadly Delves - Reign of Ruin by Jon Brazer Enterprises
  • SYSTEM: Pathfinder First Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.95
  • DESCRIPTION: An adventure designed to challenge four to five 7th-level PCs. Rumors of death move like a plague through the Crannogtowns of the Great Swamp—of ranger patrols mysteriously disappearing on routine scouting missions, of a winged shadow that blots out the midday sun, and of entire villages slaughtered, their homes left burning and the victims’ flesh melted from their bones. All evidence gathered from these massacres points to the heart of the Great Swamp, where an ancient and primitive tribe of lizardfolk rule from an abandoned human temple. Inside: 20 new monsters, three traps and haunts, and two magic items including a sinister relic of unholy devotion and an awe-inspiring rainbow scepter. Specialized advice on playing a cunning black dragon against a group of PCs in a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Enough content to take a group of 7th-level PCs all the way to 9th-level.
132 primal belief.JPG
132 the cave of our people.JPG

Primal Belief | The Cave of Our People by Exalted Funeral
  • SYSTEM: Primal Quest Essentials
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $5/$10
  • DESCRIPTION: Primal Belief covers paleo-faiths and proto-religions through primitive esoteric rituals, ancient animism, prehistoric shamans and the forgotten deities that made them thrive. Presents procedures and random tables to create deities, religious organizations, places of worship, rituals and even divine blessings that bring new magic and spells to the PCs. Offers d6 random tables for: deity names, elemental domains, venerations, and spiritual powers. The Cave of Our People is an introductory adventure. The PCs of the people of Lakit are being initiated and welcomed as members of the tribe. They must go through a ritual in the caves of their ancestors to complete this process, giving them an opportunity to learn more about the world and themselves.
132 gi joe cobra dice.JPG
132 my little pony.JPG

G.I. JOE RPG: Cobra Dice Set | My Little Pony Roleplaying Game Character Journal by Renegade Game Studios
  • SYSTEM: G.I. JOE RPG/My Little Pony RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: eight dice set/linen-look hardcover book with 80 pages
  • RETAIL PRICE: $15/$21.99
  • DESCRIPTION: G.I. Joe Cobra Dice contains: two D20, D12, D10, D8, D6, D4, and D2 coin. The My Little Pony Roleplaying Game Character Journal features not only expanded characters sheets, but also prompts and writing hooks to assist in creating pony PCs when the core book releases in June.
132 dd hidden hazards.JPG
132 dd devilish devices.JPG

Dungeon Dressing Hidden Hazards | Dungeon Dressing Devilish Devices by WizKids
  • SYSTEM: systemless fantasy dungeon RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: plastic miniature traps
  • RETAIL PRICE: $49.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: These traps offer only the finest of adventurer maiming for all ruthless needs. Design your deadliest dungeon with Dungeon Dressings Hidden Hazards. Includes: rolling sphere: 40 x 40 x 40 mm, rotating blade trap: 22 x 22 x 30 mm, saw blade trap: 45 x 45 x 17 mm, scythe blade trap: 22 x 22 x 51 mm, falling block trap: 45 x 45 x 43 mm, and spike pit trap: 45 x 45 x 5 mm. Dungeon Dressings Hidden Hazards comes with: four treasure chests, a poison needle chest trap, scything blade chest trap, magic cloud chest trap, poison gas chest trap, two urn flamethrower statues, two bear traps, two foot spike traps, three rune traps, and an acid pit trap.
132 tt rune stone.JPG

Tiny Terrain: Rune Stone by Miniature Market
  • SYSTEM: systemless
  • PRODUCT TYPE: unpainted and assembly may be required resin miniature
  • RETAIL PRICE: $1.50
  • DESCRIPTION: I just thought this mini looked cool for the price. Approximate dimensions are 38 mm in length, width, and height.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads