• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Gets a My Little Pony Crossover

In Demand Toys, a store in Norwich, Norfolk, posted a photo to its Facebook group over the weekend showing a Dungeons & Dragons themed My Little Pony set. It's part of a line called the "Cutie Marks" which also has versions for other Hasbro brands (Transformers, Power Rangers, etc). The box contains five pony models, each of which is based on a D&D class (the druid also has a "blink bunny"...

In Demand Toys, a store in Norwich, Norfolk, posted a photo to its Facebook group over the weekend showing a Dungeons & Dragons themed My Little Pony set.

mlp.jpg

It's part of a line called the "Cutie Marks" which also has versions for other Hasbro brands (Transformers, Power Rangers, etc).

The box contains five pony models, each of which is based on a D&D class (the druid also has a "blink bunny" familiar). There's also a custom d20 and a DM screen. The five classes are barbarian, bard, druid, rogue; plus either a wizard or a cleric.

Of course, there's already a My Little Pony RPG, and there have been other unofficial crossovers like Ponyfinder for Pathfinder.

No release date has been posted, but the store said they would be available for pre-order soon.

97014050_2628272034083365_5899025559718985728_n.jpg

Stormonu

Legend
50 years old, and I can't believe I'll be buying this.

Also, worth mentioning Wizkids (who does minis for D&D and Pathfinder) has some MLP miniatures of the mane 6. There are also Transformer minis, in robot mode (I'm planning to pick up a "skywarp").

Now, we just need some GI Joe minis and I'll be all set.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Um, the Tails of Equestria officially licensed RPG from River Horse in the UK?

The Ninja Division website doesn't show anything related to MLP when I looked just now.

Yeah Tails of Equestria is the one, it is here;

If you have kids and want to play an RPG that doesn't include violence, this is actually a good pick. Seems to have a fair selection of adventures driven entirely around mysteries and exploration. And the starter set literally involves going into a dragon's lair, so it is D&D adjacent.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I've been running Tails of Equestria for my 7 year old for a while (she got the corebook and the Curse of the Statuettes boxed set, which includes an adventure, dice and a screen for Christmas). The third adventure in the linked trilogy of adventures that starts in the core book is an homage to D&D, complete with flumphs, mimics and an evil spider queen ruling from a city deep under Equestria.

I'm not convinced it scales terribly well after a few levels, but it's a solid RPG with some fun ideas -- like Kids on Bikes, it uses different size die instead of stats to demonstrate characters' abilities.

My daughter is already looking to jump into D&D, so we aren't likely to get a lot more Tails of Equestria stuff, but what we have has been mostly enjoyable.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Not sure that's who these, or MLP itself is really directed at anymore, but maybe.
Hasbro still has a lot of MLP clothing licenses out there for little kids, like my daughter.

Bronycon held their last convention last year and called it a day, after years of declining attendance. Their final attendance numbers would comfortably fit inside the largest single room at Comic-Con, for comparison's sake.

I'm sure we'll see MLP stuff at other conventions, like we do for other fandoms, but I think the fandom is now mostly with the kids again, especially as the TV show ended last October.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And the starter set literally involves going into a dragon's lair, so it is D&D adjacent.

The Starter Set is the starteriest startest set that I've ever seen for an RPG. The enclosed adventure is essentially a read-aloud choose-your-own-adventure with a few instances where your characters (which are pregens with their own character sheets) roll some dice. As a note, the pregen characters are supposed to be level 0, but have level 1 statistics.

Remove ads

Remove ads