Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness (2011)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
The second movie was definitely better (more a D&D movie) than the first but due in part to some special effects that must have cost them a fair amount. I wonder how the budget will weather the shift to SyFy.

tajlund

First Post
I have a good feeling about it. From what I've read they weren't working with much of a budget on Dragon King, so I don't think Syfy will be that much worse. I've actually seen some pretty decent effects out of Syfy lately. (am I the only one who really hates that stupid Syfy thing. Go back to Scifi, please.)

TanisFrey

First Post
The second one was made in part for Scifi. It aired first on Scifi but, I don't think that they put much $$ into the project. It did go stright to DVD then within a month or two air on Scifi.

Dido on they should drop the silly Syfy and just rename the channel totally, as they show more stupid disasters movies/WWW than real Scifi projects.

Klaus

First Post
I hope they stick to monsters that fit their budget, instead of doing those half-a***d dragons from #1 and #2.

Felon

First Post
They should get the Henson Company to work on projects this. If they could get the same production values as an average of Farscape had, that'd be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They should get the Henson Company to work on projects this. If they could get the same production values as an average of Farscape had, that'd be a step in the right direction.

I just had sudden visions of the party attacked by a Roc that has yellow feathers, a depressed Dire Mammoth, and a duo composed of a scrawny Green Slaad and a anthropomorphic pig (with IUC).

Chainsaw Mage

First Post
A third low-budget, straight-to-DVD film that uses the name "Dungeons & Dragons" in its title.

I'll try to contain my sheer, unadulterated excitement.

(Yawn)

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I just had sudden visions of the party attacked by a Roc that has yellow feathers, a depressed Dire Mammoth, and a duo composed of a scrawny Green Slaad and a anthropomorphic pig (with IUC).

It's time to play the music,
It's time to light the lights...

:D

Or maybe a (possibly) more appropriate part of the theme song...

Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know.
It's like a kind of torture,
to have to watch the show.

:p

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I DID also have visions of the party being tormented by Statler & Waldorf...though in what capacity I was unsure.

Bards a la Sir Robin's troupe? BBEGs?

Remove ads