D&D 5E DungeonScape (formerly known as Morningstar)

Mercurius

Legend
I'm surprised I didn't see a thread on this yet. Morrus has it up on the news page.

So far, it looks really impressive. I'm especially curious about the third wave, the "Creator's Release." Sounds like a real toolbox.

Remathilis

Legend
I'm surprised I didn't see a thread on this yet. Morrus has it up on the news page.

So far, it looks really impressive. I'm especially curious about the third wave, the "Creator's Release." Sounds like a real toolbox.

Very Nice. I'm really looking forward to that.

A good char-gen and DM tool is needed, but the customizer I hope is rich enough to handle new races, monsters, deities, backgrounds, feats, etc.

Seems that any thoughts that the rulebooks themselves would be available through this are not happening. Seems like a useful app though, I wonder about pricing and stuff. I certainly am not interested in a subscription model, but I guess that is where it will be going.

Also

Where art thou PDFs, WotC?

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Well, the real test of this thing will come with the release of the DMG 2 - or however the DM splatbook next year will be called. :cool:

With the promised modularity of rules one will have a multitude of options for one's game. Will Dungeonscap'e object model be robust enough to accomodate this? Or will we have something like "Uh, the combination of Detailed Combat from the DMG, psionics from DMG 2, and the web arcticle on the mindflayer doesn't work"?

On the other hand I see great possiblities as well. The DM defines the options used for the campaign, buys an adventure, and - presto! - it's perfectly tailored for his campaign. And he can of course modify the encounters in the adventure as well with his own homebrew monsters.

Charles Wright

First Post
I would need to know

1) The price point
2) Do I own the material once I buy it or is there some subscription? (that would be a deal breaker for me)
3) How robust is the "creator's" toolbox will be.

I am pretty impressed at the idea that GMs can click a button to buy an adventure pack. That sounds pretty fun for when you have an impromptu group come together. I personally am looking forward to the creator tools, as I have run games from my iPad before (though never D&D), and it is a valuable tool but most methods of doing so are bad for making you switch between apps a lot, leading to delays.

Remove ads