D&D 5E DungeonScape (formerly known as Morningstar)

Ranes

Adventurer
People seem to be thinking "since it's a web app, it must be crap" --- well, I say wait til it comes out and try it. Web apps far surpass what they were a few years ago. And it's free, so no harm. If you think there are problems when you try it, well then you can provide feedback in the beta.

I asked about a native OS X version simply because the current DS FAQ states that initially the software will only run on tablets with the possibility of "PC/Web" versions being developed over time. And I don't have anything against web apps per se. However, games I run are often in places that don't have a net connection, so my question was about whether or not I could use DS offline on my platform.

Perhaps I should have made that clearer.

Last edited:

SigmaOne

First Post
I asked about a native OS X version simply because the current DS FAQ states that initially the software will only run on tablets with the possibility of "PC/Web" versions being developed over time. And I don't have anything against web apps per se. However, games I run are often in places that don't have a net connection, so my question was about whether or not I could use DS offline on my platform.

Perhaps I should have made that clearer.

Oh, that's a very good point. They've said that you won't need web access for (non-connected) mobile functionality, but I have no idea if there will be any way to use it on your laptop without a connection. My apologies for misunderstanding your post.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
Big pile-o-FAQs said:
Slated release is within the next few weeks (this depends mostly on how quickly things move through Apple).

Argh! Reading this from 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino. Need to figure out whose door I need to knock on....

Remove ads