• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dunjinni - experiences?

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
I don't want to sound like an idiot but it looks very complex to me. Can anyone tell me whether or not - with my computer illiteracy - if it is easy to use or hard to use?

nopantsyet

First Post
Keeper of Secrets said:
I don't want to sound like an idiot but it looks very complex to me. Can anyone tell me whether or not - with my computer illiteracy - if it is easy to use or hard to use?

Sadly, Dundjinni will not make you a good mapper. I know because I'm not. :(

What it comes down to is that, with any mapping tool, it's going to be really difficult to make good-looking maps until you've put a lot of time into it.

That said, when such a time comes that I have the time to put into it, I will most likely put the time in with Dundjinni. I would like to add some color to the gaming table. Literally. I would like to plunk down some neat-looking color maps for my players to drop minis onto.

How does it compare to Fractal Mapper and Campaign Cartographer 2?

(I note that Mearls' adventure download, The Severed Oath, available at montecook.com, has Dundjinni maps. I downloaded it last night and suddenly I'm really interested. They look fabulous.)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Completely different beasty. One is basically a CAD program, the other is an object based program with limited CAD abilities. If I am mapping out a continent Fractal Mapper or CC2 would be my choice, if I am doing a 25mm scale map the DD would be the one. Since I prefer drawing my 25mm maps by hand and don't feel like selling a kidney to afford the ink crtridges full sized maps would take I don't use DD.

The Auld Grump, plus it is a wee bit too expensive in my arrogant opinion...

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
nopantsyet said:
Sadly, Dundjinni will not make you a good mapper. I know because I'm not. :(

What it comes down to is that, with any mapping tool, it's going to be really difficult to make good-looking maps until you've put a lot of time into it.

That said, when such a time comes that I have the time to put into it, I will most likely put the time in with Dundjinni. I would like to add some color to the gaming table. Literally. I would like to plunk down some neat-looking color maps for my players to drop minis onto.

This is what I was afraid of. I guess it would be akin to saying 'I have no artistic talent, however if I go out and buy this 'How To' book on drawing comic characters I can be an expert in no time.

I suppose in order to use the product to its fullest you have to put in lots of time an effort?

Janx

Hero
I tried the demo and couldn't figure out how to really do anything in it in the 20 minutes I played with it. And I am more than computer literate.

Jaws

First Post
Henry said:
Moved to Software and Computers Forum.
I don't think this thread should of been moved. I mean, a big ad for Dunjinni is permanent on the main page.

Mayhem and scowls :]

j.

Remove ads