• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Duskblade Spells

Dragongrief

Explorer
Can someone tell me what spells a Duskblade is allowed? I tried checking for an answer in this forum and the Wizards boards, but found nothing.
The class says that the spells come from the Duskblade list, however, there are no 0th level spells and only 2 touch spells on that list.
Has there been an errata that they can use all, or a specific set of, the wizard/sorcerer list or an updated list?

Technik4

First Post
Has there been an errata that they can use all, or a specific set of, the wizard/sorcerer list or an updated list?

The whole point of the class is to abuse close-range, damage-dealing spells with high-BAB, high HD, and good saves (compared to a sorceror/wizard). Allowing them more spells is silly...its a niche class and arguably fights better than the fighter already, dont give them the utility to outperform any other classes.

rgard

Adventurer
Technik4 said:
The whole point of the class is to abuse close-range, damage-dealing spells with high-BAB, high HD, and good saves (compared to a sorceror/wizard). Allowing them more spells is silly...its a niche class and arguably fights better than the fighter already, dont give them the utility to outperform any other classes.

I don't think that was what he was asking for. He wanted the complete list of Duskblade spells. He wasn't looking to add to the list.

Thanks,
Rich

wildstarsreach

First Post
Technik4 said:

It is a good class but is not overwelming compared to a fighter if you use the 3-5 encounter system. It can be overpowering if you use all your spells in 1 or 2 encounters and definitely then outperforms the the standard fighter. You only get access to spells upto 5th level which you get at 17th level.

I play a duskblade and was the most effective character against swarms because the shocking grasp. In most other fights, I choose carefully where I will get the most bang for my buck with the spell.

shilsen

Adventurer
wildstarsreach said:
I play a duskblade and was the most effective character against swarms because the shocking grasp.

Shocking Grasp doesn't affect swarms, since they're unaffected by spells that have a specific number of targets (including single-target spells).

DreadArchon

First Post
shilsen said:
Shocking Grasp doesn't affect swarms, since they're unaffected by spells that have a specific number of targets (including single-target spells).
That's okay, they get Burning Hands too.

wildstarsreach said:
You only get access to spells upto 5th level which you get at 17th level.
It doesn't matter much. The levels are modified. Things based on spell level still matter, true, but a Level 5 Polar Ray works as well as the Level 8 version (better, since you have Full BAB).

wildstarsreach

First Post
DreadArchon said:
That's okay, they get Burning Hands too.

It doesn't matter much. The levels are modified. Things based on spell level still matter, true, but a Level 5 Polar Ray works as well as the Level 8 version (better, since you have Full BAB).

True but you still have to be 17th level rather than 15th as a wizard. Disintegrate is 5th level and you get at 17th as well rather than 11th for a wizard. We have research and the elemental damage taken through a sword led us to allow the damage against a swarm since they occupy a/several squares.

The class is balanced for the long haul. It is overpowering if you go hog wild like any nova type class. Namely the Psion.

Remove ads