• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [dxContent.com] 3D Dungeon Tiles - A step (5/8") above the rest!

Only other suggestion I can think of might be to have a starter set, with a mix of pieces for a set price...

Clyde, i agree 100% on the starter kit and I've been thinking about what tiles that would consist of. In the meantime, I can make some recommendations if anybody needs one. I'll keep an eye out for your order!

Samurai

Adventurer
These look interesting, but just how sturdy is foam? Can they be crushed or chipped very easily? They certainly look nice and they are affordable, I'm just worried about long-term durability. Does the foam become more brittle with age, heat, etc?

These look interesting, but just how sturdy is foam? Can they be crushed or chipped very easily? They certainly look nice and they are affordable, I'm just worried about long-term durability. Does the foam become more brittle with age, heat, etc?

Samurai, let me first tell you I've got your back - if any piece is broken or has a paint flaw I'll replace it with your next order. I've put that in my FAQ.

Some specifics to your questions...

-They are water proof, so gamer spills are not an issue.
-the paints are durable acrylics and I've never had an issue with the paint.
-They can be droped from ANY height and survive undamaged. They dont chip from dropping.
-You'll want to treat them with the same care you treat your minis and other table top visuals.
-If you rake a sharp object across them you can gouge, scratch them - but that is true of cardboard tiles and cast resin also.
-If it breaks, it snaps cleanly - no shards or bits get lost, so its easily glued back together.-They are easily transportable... They will most likely be lighter than the container you carry them in.

-Because the tiles (with the exception of the door) are flat, you can accidentally drop your game books (distributed pressure) on them and not crush them... but if you, say, put the corner of a chair on one (focused pressure) and sat down on it... It would be noticibly damaged (same with minis) ... Repeated heavy "crushing" breakes down the foam's cell like structure. But since these are relatively inexpensive you've not lost much $.

I've been making and selling rigid, dense foam wargamming terrain and buildings since the mid 1980's and it does not deteriorate. My collection of rigid dense foam terrain is all still intact... Its the same panel like stuff they insulate homes with so its designed to stand up to daily, brutal summer heat... Flame will damage it, but thats true of cardboard and resin.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

koesherbacon

First Post
You guys should make a grabbag where you sell a bunch of random tiles for like 30 bucks. It'd be like getting the big lego bucket rather than picking out each individual lego piece you want at the time.

Only other suggestion I can think of might be to have a starter set, with a mix of pieces for a set price...

You guys should make a grabbag where you sell a bunch of random tiles for like 30 bucks. It'd be like getting the big lego bucket rather than picking out each individual lego piece you want at the time.

Both good ideas... I've opted to offer a 15-tile starter kit for $31.60

Wow, now that's a fast response. Thanks a bunch. I'll probably place an order this weekend then so I can check them out.

Got my sample order, and I'm quite happy. If I have any issue with them whatsoever, it's how light they are. Considering my game environment I'll need to give some thought to how to fix the pieces so they don't get as easily scattered if bumped/gargantuan cat decides to join the encounter. If you have any tips in that regard, I'm interested.

I'll probably be placing an order in the next week or two for more pieces to I can start using them.

Oh, have you considered other color/texture schemes like something for more natural subterranean features (cave floor, dirt, etc.)?

Got my sample order, and I'm quite happy. If I have any issue with them whatsoever, it's how light they are. Considering my game environment I'll need to give some thought to how to fix the pieces so they don't get as easily scattered if bumped/gargantuan cat decides to join the encounter. If you have any tips in that regard, I'm interested.
Great! I've noticed the lightness quality as well... great for shipping, but yeah big cats could cause havok. I have experimented with different weighting options - HomeDepot sells tiles with stick backs that you score with a hobby knife and then you can stick on the back... I've also experimented with the shelf liner material. I haven't settled on the one I'm 100% happy with yet.
Oh, have you considered other color/texture schemes like something for more natural subterranean features (cave floor, dirt, etc.)?

Yes, I have. I'm focused on the dungeon scheme right now, but certainly want to add different textures/environments.

Remove ads