• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

DMStehlek

First Post
GSL and the Wiesbaden Sheet

How is the GSL going to affect this sheet? I didn't get too far through the document before I found that 'interactive' items, such as this spreadsheet, are not allowed by the GSL as written.

Perhaps it will become clearer whenever they get around to putting up the fansite license. I'm sure they do not want competition for the fee-based character creation software (by 'they' I mean Hasbro/WotC), though I fail to see how a spreadsheet like this one could impact their bottom line. Maybe that's why they have lawyers and I don't. Humph!

Lairythian

First Post
warderbrad said:
I know in the sheets I make I tend to move away from the black with white text due to the ink consumption that it takes when printing. However it should be easy to apply such a format on your own to help you see better. If you need help doing that let me know off list and I will be happy to walk you through it.

If you are referring to the input tabs I would suggest using the zoom feature to zoom in the view to make everything appear larger.

I hope that helps.

Brad
I can understand regarding the consumption of ink using personally owned printers (instead of company assets ;) ). My interest isn't so much the spreadsheet while using it, but the end product after it's printed out. It's very difficult to read, even with my reading glasses. The entries are very small. I've no clue on how to make the fonts bigger without breaking the spreadsheet I fear. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

warderbrad

Explorer
Lairythian said:
I can understand regarding the consumption of ink using personally owned printers (instead of company assets ;) ). My interest isn't so much the spreadsheet while using it, but the end product after it's printed out. It's very difficult to read, even with my reading glasses. The entries are very small. I've no clue on how to make the fonts bigger without breaking the spreadsheet I fear. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately due to the amount of data in the fields in each area the only way to make the font bigger would be to totally redesign the sheet. The other option would be to print to PDF and print on a 11x17 page but that becomes hard to deal with in sheer size.

I would offer to make you a custom one but with all the other things I have going on it would be some time and the bad thing is since in this sheet so many of the calculations are being done in the character sheets when a new version came out it would require a complete reworking to remake the custom sheet layout.

I wish you luck in finding a solution.

Superboy

First Post
I'm having problems with the fighter attack bonus for one-handed or two-handed weapons. The bonus seems to only appear as a Misc bonus in the second base attack box of Charsheet1 for whatever attack listed in the Attack Bonus 2 in the "Attack tab".

ccmage

First Post
the problem with Open Office is if a field is empty, it has no value. i havent look thru all the code yet, but if u fill the empty spaces with 0s in the arrays, it will fix alot of the errors.

Arbanax

First Post
Charactersheet" D&D 4.0 (v1.10)

Hi Complete newb when it comes to excel and 4e so just working through how to roll up a character and using this sheet to make sure I'm correct.

But couple of things:

First of all this has to be the clearest sheet I've seen and love the way it finally outputs.

But there are loads of boxes for which I don't have a drop down option and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in.

Is there a faq or guide? for instance not sure what to put where in the all the attack boxes. I'm using the drop downs as listed but what does keywords mean? And some boxes don't let you fill them in, like target but it won't let me fill it in?

Also weapon prof isn't added in as far as I can see. For instance basic attack dex + weapon prof should = +5 but I get just +3 (for 16 dex).

OK I'll keep fiddling with it see what I can find out but would appreciate some guidance.

thanks

Ab

Arbanax, there's at least one existing sample character linked earlier in the thread. That's really going to be your best bet for studying how this works. I think keywords is perfectly clear if you actually have a copy of the PHB in front of you. Weapon proficiency does work correctly if the powers and attacks are setup right.

Stonesnake

Explorer
Really love the program, found a few spelling mistakes (all on the CharsheetII tab)

In the Racial Features section, "Eladrin Education: Trainging in one additional skill" -- "training" is misspelled.

Rogue Weapon Talent: ...When you whield a dagger..." -- "wield" is misspelled.

I actually saw a few others in there, but those are the most obvious (i.e. they are current on my character sheet).

fsnaig

First Post
Hi,

I caught another minor glitch with characters who take the Multi-Class Feat as a Rogue.

On Character Sheet II within the Class/Path/Destiny Features: The second part of the full description (the part that describes the damage) of the Multi-class Sneak Attack from the Class Overview Sheet, cell X19 is missing.

Ranger's Hunter's Quarry and the Rogue Sneak Attack work fine for listing the damage bonuses, but the Multi-class version of Sneak Attack doesn't.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads