• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

ssj4megaman

First Post
I had to register to tell you this is the most amazing char sheet/create i have ever used... something i dont understand.. in my campaign i got a "staff of the warmage"
Now under attacks i have staff set as implement, and i am adding my magic missile attack. But for crit damage it keeps saying 14+1d6?? where is it getting this 1d6 from, and its seems to be doing this for all my magic attacks with the staff implement.

1. As far as i can tell, a staff is 1d8 dmg not 1d6.
2. a magical item adds 1W to the total magic dmg done so for magic missle with a staff magical staff implement it would be 14+1d8.

*edit..
for further info.. the staff of the warmage is a level 3 item with +1
to both atk and dmg.

no only high crit magic weapon add both the Magic dmg extra of that weapon and also the weapon base dmg also... staff are not high crit so i would only do the extra 1d8 dmg for the magic on it.... but even if it was just a +1 with no other magic on it, its still 1d8 not 1d6.

2nd part is this only occurs when magic bonus is set to 1, when set to 0 the 1d6 disappears from crit..

Last edited:

fsnaig

First Post
Hi,

You requested clarification from me on several points. Here goes.

Selection of Skill Training as a Feat triggers the list prompt, but the list is inaccessible, making actual selection of the Skill Training impossible.

No idea what you mean here. Please give more details.

On Character Sheet II within the Class/Path/Destiny Features: Paragon Path Features longer than two lines do not display properly. On Character Sheet II within the Feats: Epic Tier Feats longer than one line do not display properly.

We can't recreate this problem. Please give an example of class, level and Paragon Path.

Selection of Skill Training as a Feat triggers the list prompt, but the list is inaccessible, making actual selection of the Skill Training impossible.

It seems to work for us. Please details your char build and when the error occurs.

I decided the best way to do a thorough test was to build a 30th level character, an Eladrin Ranger, with Two Weapon Fighting Style, Stormwarden Paragon Tier Path, and Eternal Seeker Epic Tier Path.

Here are the particulars of the build:
STR 22 CON 13 DEX 22 INT 12 WIS 20 CHA 12

Powers
At Will: Hit & Run, Twin Strike
Encounter: Armor Splinter, Cheetah's Rake, Cloak of Thorns, Wandering Tornado
Daily: Blade Cascade, Cruel Cage of Steel, Bloodstorm, Weave a Web of Steel
Utility: Unbalancing Parry, Evade Ambush, Expeditious Stride, Throw Caution to the Wind, Longstrider, Forest Ghost, Master of the Hunt

Feats-Heroic Tier
Multiclass Rogue
Alertness
Improved Initiative
Nimble Blade
Sure Climber
Two-Weapon Fighting

Feats-Paragon Tier
Agile Athlete
Danger Sense
Feywild Protection
Secret Stride
Seize the Moment
Uncanny Dodge

[Feats-selected at Epic Tier] Problem here, see details below
Blind-Fight
Flanking Maneuver
[Skill Training: Arcana, followed by
Ritual Caster] Problem here, see details below
Two-Weapon Flurry
Unfettered Stride

Paragon Path Features
Blade Storm
Stormstep Action
[Twin-Blade Storm] Problem here, see details below

Epic Destiny Features
Seeker of the Many Paths
Trickster's Control
Eternal Action
Seeker's Lore
Seeking Destiny

Here are the problems this generates:

Selecting Skill Training on the Version 1.10 spreadsheet did not allow selection of that Skill, which I wanted to be the Arcana skill, either from the Feats sheet or the Skills sheet.
Selecting Skill Training on the Version 1.11 spreadsheet automatically selected the Skill Endurance, with no choice being given, again circumventing selection of the Arcana skill.
This rendered my intention to take the Feat Ritual Caster impossible.

On Character Sheet II, there were two errors in text-wrapping.
The first error in text-wrapping occurred in the Class/Path/Destiny Features list, where text-wrapping only shows two lines of the description for Twin-Blade Storm.
The second set of errors in text-wrapping occurred in the Feats list, where ALL of the Epic Tier Feats (Blind-Fight, Flanking Maneuver, Two-Weapon Flurry, and Unfettered Stride) fail to text-wrap after the first line of each of the descriptions.

I found one other minor inconsistency for the justification on the Utility Powers on Character Sheet II, in that it is centering the text, rather than left-justifying it.

Hopefully, this is clearer, and will lead to you being able to figure out the causes for these minor problems.

Overall, I think the spreadsheet is brilliant, and most/all of my gaming group are likely to be using it. Keep up the good work, and I am confident it will become the debugged, final product we are all hoping for.

fsnaig

RPG_Tweaker

Explorer
I am a bit confused as how to apply some data on the Attacks and Armor & Equipment page.

I haven't read the entire thread so if previously addressed, please point me to the appropriate page...

How do I set up for a Ranger's two-weapon fighting style use in the BAB columns?

Is the +1 damage for Two-Weapon Fighting added to the Damage row of the Melee Basic Attack column (thus increasing critical damage)?

How do I set up the multi-weapon damage for exploits (i.e. Twin Strike and Jaws of the Wolf) as a Favorite Power?

How do I set Nimble Strike for use with a Hand Axe? is it controlled by DEX (as per the exploit) or by STR (as per the weapon)?

How do I include the AC & Reflex bonus granted by Two-Weapon Defense?

-----

Possible bug: I chose Avandra as a deity on the Character Basics page but it doesn't appear on the Character Sheet I page.

-----

BTW: This is a VERRRY cool record sheet.

Last edited:

James McMurray

First Post
Race overview says "Human Bonses" instead of "bonuses"

Either I'm not understanding it, or the skills are not working right. My human wizard should have 5 skill (Arcana + 3 class + 1 Human), but only gets 4. "Skill Training at 1st Level" comes from the class sheet + race. But it doesn't seem to be calculating it right because the "skills left" field is totalling up all of the skills in the training column, including the freebie from class.

The deity doesn't transfer to the character sheet unless entered in the override field.

Great sheet by the way! When a buddy first showed it to me, I didn't use it because it couldn't handle Expanded Spellbook. Now that that column has been added, it totally blows every other sheet I've seen out of the water.

Thanks for the hard work!

James McMurray

First Post
Also, is there a way to easily format the pages to fit on letter instead of A4? I can fiddle with column heights (or even get rid of rows I don't use) if I need to, but if someone has a better solution I'd love to hear it. :)

JeffJ2112

First Post
Thanks a lot for this!

The only problem I've found, and I could be wrong about this, is that the Human Perserverance feat isn't accounted for in the defenses.

Thanks again

JeffJ

fsnaig

First Post
James McMurray said:
Also, is there a way to easily format the pages to fit on letter instead of A4? I can fiddle with column heights (or even get rid of rows I don't use) if I need to, but if someone has a better solution I'd love to hear it. :)

Set the Print Area to include the entire sheet. Then go to Page Setup, and select Fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall. This should solve the problem.

fsnaig

Remove ads