• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet" D&D (v1.11)

mattcolville

Adventurer
James McMurray said:
On the powers tab, the orange boxes are drop down lists you can select the appropriate powers from. They'll then be added to CharsheetII.

All I see on CharSheetII is "Viper's Strike."

What we're looking for is;

Viper’s Strike Warlord Attack 1
You trick your adversary into making a tactical error that gives your comrade a chance to strike.
At-Will ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Effect: If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of your choice.

Except with the Attack and Hit stuff replaced with your actual attack bonus.

I mean to say; making a dude in D&D4 is so easy that using that excel sheet is only worth it for us if it'll calculate all our power stuff for us.

hendelmasad

First Post
Love the sheet, but...

I created a Paladin with Bastard sword. On the attacks tab I selected Bastard sword but the damage listed is incorrect. It says 1d8+3 when it should be 1d10+4. Otherwise, my group loves this sheet. So simple to use. :)

Keith

OK, I get it. Got to put damage in yourself. sorry for the silly post!

Last edited:

mattcolville said:

You trick your adversary into making a tactical error that gives your comrade a chance to strike.
Effect: If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of your choice.

I mean to say; making a dude in D&D4 is so easy that using that excel sheet is only worth it for us if it'll calculate all our power stuff for us.
What you want is the attacks tab. These filled out correctly will take appear on Charsheet I (Not II). You do have do some of the work like telling it what attribute to use and what defense to target, and what the damage is, but the author feels that including that information would violate the license agreement (and it very well might, I haven't read it).

Sadly you are limited to 5 plus the 2 basic melee/ranged, which is not even enough for a level 1 character with a cross-classing feat. AFAIK there is as-yet no way to get powers to appear on the "Other powers" tab despite a few questions about it on this thread.

On a side note: I'd like to see the at-will powers "Used" boxes turn gray/black with conditional formatting.

mattcolville said:

Nope, you have to type it in yourself.

Of course, if you get a different weapon during the game, you'd have to figure out the damage and attack bonuses by yourself anyhow.

Agamon

Adventurer
Amurayi said:
:bmelee: Things we like and probably won't change:
- Adding the full powers might be a step to far to get in trouble with the WotC legal department. We won't cross this line.
- All PHB Potions are listed in backpack. Just add the number of potions you have next to it. Sell price is per potion. Only because they are listed it doesn't mean you have them. :)
- No fields for ammunition is a good thing (Do you REALLY count your shot arrows?)
- No fields for character looks, background or traits. You visualize this in your head anyway. We consider doing an extra "fluff" page in the future though.
- Worshipping a specific god isn't recognized as a prerequisite for the Channel Divinity Feats. This way you can use the Override field for custom gods from other settings.
- Using a "staff" (opposed to a "quarterstaff") does not add a proficiency bonus to a Melee Basic attack power (used with Str). Use the Override field to circumvent this or pick "Quarterstaff" if you do Melee attacks with your staff implement.
- "Charsheet page 1": "Class powers" don't list the extra Utility and Daily powers Wizards aquire.
- No "Weight" fields. Ask your DM to stop being so anal if he burdens you to keep track of something like this.

Not only is it a great sheet, but the love this part! :D

donaroriak

First Post
Hi and thanks for this amazing tool!

I just wanted to highlight a minor spelling gripe: you have a general "german" tendency to join together separate words.
Examples include: Characterinfo, Playername (in Character Basics), Skilltraining (in Skills), Charaktername (in Charsheet I, also wrong spelling), Playername (in Charsheet I)

Apart from that, this is really useful!

Anywhere

First Post
I just wanted to highlight a minor spelling gripe: you have a general "german" tendency to join together separate words.
Examples include: Characterinfo, Playername (in Character Basics), Skilltraining (in Skills), Charaktername (in Charsheet I, also wrong spelling), Playername (in Charsheet I)
mmmhh... :-D I can't deny my native land

fsnaig

First Post
Favorite Powers

Hi,

I like that the Sneak Attack power from the Multi Class Feat Sneak of Shadows appears as a possibility under Favorite Powers. However, the Weapon/Implement field does not display the weapon from either the Attack sheet or the Transport Attack sheet, whichever is the proper source.

Would it be possible to get the Class Features, e.g. Hunter's Quarry and Prime Shot from the Ranger class, to also appear on the list of possible Favorite Powers?

Thanks again for the great work!

fsnaig

Remove ads