[E&E] Goblin's Lair #1 - Red Hand Trail

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
The land around the scorched and fallen house is steep, rough, and thick with ash, all the vegetation having been burned away. The dead trunks of burnt pines stand all around. In the mixture of ash and soil, you can all discern the heavy prints of iron-shod feet, perhaps as many as a dozen individual sets of tracks. The prints all display a queer sort of stance, bandy-legged and duck-footed, with the heels far apart and the toes pointed mostly outward.

The ruined structure is little more than a shell; if anyone were hiding within, you'd be able to see it easily. As it stands, this abandoned place is empty, even of objects. If anything interesting or valuable had been here once, it's long-gone now. But a quick search of the area around the house does reveal a few burned and blackened arrow-heads, iron-forged.

When Fenn suggests that Bedan turn back, the farmer swallows and nods. "Ay, Squire, that's probably for the best. It isn't much farther, at that, anyway." He indicates the low valley between the second hilltop and a rusty, rocky ridge to the south. "Follow that gully for another day and a half, and you’ll come to a ravine that runs north and south. There’s a bridge that spans the gap, and if you’re lucky, it’ll still be in once piece. The caves and holes and such are thereabouts. And may God be with you, Sirs.” The farmer glances somewhat nervously at Morgana, Thalion, and Zephyrus, and makes a hasty point of adding, “Or whatever Spirits ye may believe in.”

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Morgana snaps out of her trance at staring at the scene. "Many thanks for your help sir and hopefully we can be of assistance."

She turns her attention back to the group and the burnt out corpse of a house. "Well, this is rather bad, isn't it? It seems like there were a lot of them, the assailants. Perhaps there really are goblins?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, whoever they are we know they can work iron, or at least trade with someone that does," Fenn says as he handles one of the remnants of the iron-headed arrows. He turns it gingerly in his grip as he examines the craftmanship.

Afterwards he makes a search of the ruins and surviving area, "We might want to check for any injured survivors, though I doubt we'll have good results."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Sounds like a friends, my plan," Biggums says pausing after saying it, his mind is acing due to the scene around him "...take that and reverse it. We'll split up into 2 groups of 2. I will go with Reginald over there and we will go west and Fenn you go with the lady an move east. Everyone ok with that?" Biggums says as he scans the horizon

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Might as well let him decide, but i think that he would be better off with you folks" Biggums says as he fiddles with his rifels hammer while he waits for the decsion

Remove ads