[E&E] Goblin's Lair #1 - Red Hand Trail

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Many thanks my fine man and there is no need to worry about those hills, I've put the Niper seal on ti so it will be dealt with a timely and expedient manner." Biggums says as he puts his arm around the mans shoulders, "Do you want us to bring you back a gift to show our success?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenn will take a week's worth of rations, a flask of water, lantern, seven oil flasks, bedroll, backpack, and a small hand-sized mirror.

OOC: Any 10 foot poles? :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Morgana closely watches what the others take and copies what they do, trying not to make it look too obvious.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
((Deuce: Yep, if you want a pole, there's a pole.))

With little fanfare, the expedition is equipped and underway before the sun has even cleared the horizon.

Traveling with Bedan the farmer, you skirt the edges of tumultuous Lake Östrel and move eastward into the Burning Hills. The land is hilly and rugged, downright steep in places, and the fall season has tinted everything yellow and brown. Occasionally, glancing through the copses of bare trees that grow on the hilltops, you can see a fleeting glimpse of a deer or fox or hare. But there are no people in these parts, none who live here and none but you who travel through this place.

A few hours past midday, you begin to understand just why this land is so abandoned: on the next hilltop ahead, you can just see the burned-out husk of a farmstead house, blackened and barely standing. When this structure comes into view, Bedan stops in his tracks, shivers visibly, and looks reluctant to take another step.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenn pats Bedan on the back sympathetically as he moves passes the man and up to the structure. As he looks for footprints to see how many attackers there were, the source of what started the fire, and so on he says, "Horrible doesn't begin to describe this."

OOC: Dont need the pole. If I had a mule to strap it on or if it was collapsable I would have though. ;)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"That must have been more than just a bonfire. looks like an easily defendable place if need be..." Biggums says in a whispred tone "if it can even hold our weight." Biggums finishes by checking his pistol then moving to higher ground to try and get a survey of the area.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: What does the surrounding terrain look like? Evidence of a fire and if so how long ago? Looking for scorch marks on trees or shrubs as well as evidence of biotic succession.

Thalion scans the hills looking at the natural surroundings. "You have lead us far enough Bedan. Our thanks. Our path lies further along. We can look at the farmhouse Biggums, but we should press on farther than this today."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"You make a good point ,mate. I will take the lead from here since i believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that I have the most experience in the wilderness" Biggums says as he walks to the front of the group and begins walking towards the house.

Remove ads