• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[E&E] Goblin's Lair #1 - Red Hand Trail

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Turning left at the top of the stairs, you can see an open doorway leading to a comfortably appointed office: a stone fireplace, a burgundy floor-rug, and a large oak desk cluttered with papers and ledgers dominate the room. Sitting behind the desk is a slender, elderly man with short-cropped white hair and a trim beard of white and gray. He wears black breeks and a purple satin vest over white shirtsleeves, while a black overcoat and tophat hang from two hooks behind the desk. The man has a stern look in his eyes, but he seems relieved to see you.

Standing before the desk is another man, this one in simple homespun clothing, middle-aged and bit hobbled in his stance. His eyes widen when you all approach the study, although you cannot guess at the reason for this. It might be because there are a fay, an elf, and a sylph among you; but then again, it might be because you are all rather well-armed. In any case, this man -- obviously a farmer, if the look of him says anything -- does not immediately speak.

Instead, the man behind the desk stands up and smiles at all of you. "Well, well, perhaps my prayers have been answered after all. With the troubles we've been having around here, we find ourselves in need of a group of brave souls looking for adventure! I am Burgomaster Kemp, leader of Kleine; and this good farmer is Mr. Bedan. Who might all of you be?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Coming out of his meditation Reginald introduces himself and asks what probably all wish to know. "Just what problems have you been having Burgomeister? and how may we be off help? "

OOC: Sorry didn't know the game had taken off so much.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Coming out of his meditation Reginald introduces himself and asks what probably all wish to know. "Just what problems have you been having Burgomeister? and how may we be off help? "

OOC: Sorry didn't know the game had taken off so much.

"Have some manners, will you?" Morgana says bossily.

She swooshes forward and curtsies, extending her hand in a royal way. "Morgana Teleri, Pleasure to meet you. I will let my friends introduce themselves and then you shall tell us of your troubles."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenn turned towards Thalion and said, "Well that Biggums chap seems nice," but after an uncomfortable silence he shuffled his feet, cleared his throat, and headed upstairs to the office.

"The name's Fenn, sir. Fenn McDabbler. Fancy place you have hear, if you don't mind me saying so. I'm always looking to help out in a pinch, though of course I usually ask a modest fee for such services."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Biggums walks in and sits of to the side and whatches everyone's little introductions then he steps forward, takes his gun out of the holster and begins spinging it. "The name is Biggums Solomon Nipper, gun for hire, and I would like to give you my word that your problems will get fixed if i have anything to do with it. What evrything comes down to is the amount of trouble you be havin'." Biggums says with a smile on his face as he sees the look on the man who was already paniced face go slightly pale as Biggums spins his gun.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Burgomaster Kemp gives a stiff bow to each of you and proclaims, "Most excellent. That being the case, we might have just what you're looking for. At least, if the reports I've been hearing are true; but then, I should leave it to Mr. Bedan to explain." He turns to the farmer and prompts, "Go ahead, Bedan. Tell these people your story."

The farmer now turns to face the six of you. His hands are clenched tightly on an old felt, wide-brimmed hat. He seems a little nervous, but soon finds his voice and begins his tale: "Well, y'see, um... we got trouble with... with what folks think to be goblins. Now I know it seems foolish, like somethin' out of an old hearth-tale, but I swears that's what me and mine have seen. Fierce they are, with yellow eyes, slitted like a snake's. Dwarf-high, but hunched over and bandy-legged. Sharp-toothed, and with ears shaped like bat's wings. If they aren't goblins, well... whatever they are, they aren't men. That much is fact. Fact, I says.

"They come out of the Burning Hills, y'see. 'Tweren't that long ago, maybe a couple of weeks. Three farms've been burnt down already, and not one soul found alive. Only bones left of the livestock, but no sign..." he swallows "...no sign of the people. We're all afeared to go out and work our fields... 'course, if we don't get out there soon, the crops'll rot in the ground, and we're liable to lose 'em. We don't know what to do... so, as it came to pass, I was sent to fetch help."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Pardon me asking, sir, for I am more than happy to help in return for just compensation, but isn't there a nearby militia that would be a help or established guard? What of them? Also, how large of an area are these Burning Hills? How large of an area would we be needing to cover in order to find the lair of these odd men or... goblins, as you say." Fenn asked the last part of the question incredulously.

Remove ads