• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

Thaven

First Post
Sigh. "Well I recall Xanfire saying that it gives power to his enemy; the fiend who dwells in that accursed kingdom that opposes his own. Wasn't it some fortune teller who said that? I don't recall; to be honest I only listen half the time. I find it dreadfully boring to suffer all this talking."

Then Rook quirked a brow, "And isn't there some question as to whether or not even the gods to stand up to its imbued powers?"

Rook snorts, "A magical book that pertains to certain creatures of the Void beyond this world." Typical nonsense. "My nephew, who has not yet been torn from his mother's teat could create a better story."

"A tome so primal its true version only exists on the astral plane; hrmph. Mere transcriptions on our world? A vast planar conspiracy. A powerful tome with the source knowledge we might need hidden somewhere on the astral plane," snorting. "Typical. Just typical. Perhaps it contains the knowledge we need to learn about our foes and how to stop them? But I doubt it. Such slaying devices are the purview of children's fables. Not of warriors."

For someone who doesn't often listen, it seems clear that Rook hears a lot of what is said around him; despite what he's said.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"These books are quite peculiar in power.I wonder if they will even allow them selves to be removed from this library."

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: moving along?

assuming now that the party has gotten all it wants out of the library for now, and is ready to go into the previously-described big room with pedestals and books and suchnot.

The party moves forth.

(ahem)

big spherical room.

raised dais in middle: large book on a pedestal.

Shockingly empty big spherical room.

Okay, your turn. :)

Thaven

First Post
OOC: moving along?

assuming now that the party has gotten all it wants out of the library for now, and is ready to go into the previously-described big room with pedestals and books and suchnot.

The party moves forth.

(ahem)

big spherical room.

raised dais in middle: large book on a pedestal.

Shockingly empty big spherical room.

Okay, your turn. :)

"Thorn? Do you sense any traps of any sort? Xanfire, Cort, is there magic here?"

DM: ((Where's my bonus XP!! :p:p:p))

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire will try and concentrate in the area, hoping that nothing scary, powerful, or evil is going to jump out at them. He knows that, while not as schooled in spellwork as others, his basic understanding of magic should still help here.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn edges cautiously into the room, perched on her magic carpet. She descends to just inches above the floor and leans over the side to scrutinize the stones of the narrow walkway to the book. She then looks around the great room, squinting slightly as she searches for details. Even sniffing the air. If there was something out of place...she'd find it.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Rook: You gain 100xp! (I would have given some to Thaven, but I have to spread it around some :( )

Xanfire: what specific spells are you using when you concentrate? I can't remember every detail, so I'd appreciate it if (when you're actively doing something) you guys gave me a quick remind on the specific spells you've got active.

Cort: You detect strong magic everywhere here. Especially the book in the middle (conjuration and necromancy), but the entire room has an aura.

Thorn: No mechanical or magical traps per se.

I'm assuming everyone's standing at the doorway looking in, not walking down the steps to the dais.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads