• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire would have started with detect magic, but he ends with "Thorn, use that gem and make sure we are alone. Then, I will grab the book. Be ready to get out of here, as this thing will definitely try something."

Shayuri

First Post
"Right, well, it doesn't look like it's going to come apart if you step on it or anything," Thorn drawls. She sits up on the carpet and lifts her Gem of Seeing to her right eye and squints her left eye shut as she looks around the inside of the titanic room.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
OOC: Hey guys. After playing with y'all for a bit, I don't think I'm really getting into the story like I thought I might. I think I may have to excuse myself from this one. Thanks for all the hard work on the character - feel free to NPC or hand him off to someone else.

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: bah!

[sblock=thorn]

IC: Thorn looks into the room. The book now looks like a shimmering coalescence rather than a solid book. She can see what look like a floating ball made of hundreds of python-sized worms or snakes, embedded in the same space as the book itself.

below the dias and walking on the walls are numerous humanoids, like fish-men with long claws and green scales, webbed fingers and large gills on either side of their heads. they sort of shuffle along as they walk, and they walk up and down the walls as if gravity depends upon their wills: the walls and ceiling are as floor to them. Their yellow saucer eyes occasionally look up and at you, and a number of them begin moving from the walls towards the dais, to pull themselves up onto it and get at the book.

In the air above the scene is some kind of flying skeletal creature, likewise out of phase with the rest of the room. It's some kind of dragon made of bones, circling and spinning this way and that, and watching YOU as you look through the gem. Glowing energy swirls in its ribcage.[/sblock]

Xanfire: you make your way to the book and see nothing around you. However, the entire area seems filled with one vast magical aura. There's something here, you just can't pin it down.

The book floats before you in place.

Shayuri

First Post
"Holy HELLS," Thorn swears as she draws her sword. "It's an ambush! Dragon skeleton up above! A HORDE of...of...fishy men coming up the walls! And it's not a book, it's some kind of ball of worms! Giant ones! Xanfire, get back!"

Thaven

First Post
"Wait, what? WHERE?" Rook quickly draws both of his blades and holds them at the ready.

"I see nothing!"

(Unless I take some of the equipment I designed for our half orc friend. Then I'd be able to see. LOL)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads