E6: The Game Inside D&D (new revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Explorer
Wildcard feats could also be used with the Conviction rules, something like "2 Conviction to reset the Wild Card"

DogBackward

First Post
Well, I use Action Points that recover 1/day rather than x/level, but I suppose that'd work just as well. The first use, of course, would be free, but changing it once it's chosen could require an AP/Conviction thingy.

Ry

Explorer
Conviction, if you see there, is actually 6/day.

usually makes for some exciting days, :)

Shazman

Banned
Banned
What about Ebberon-style action points? To get action points, the characters need the Heroic Spirit feat (ECS). It can be taken multiple times, and they would refresh every 5000 exp.

Last edited:

Ry

Explorer
Eberron's action poitns are too weak for my tastes. I've used Conviction for ages and it delivers the goods :)

This whole E6 concept is gaming genius, and solves the common sticking points of inflated HP and superheroism (not that I'm bothered by either in the normal D&D game and similar RPGs), without having to resort to ludicrous amounts of abstraction.

Ry

Explorer
Thanks TCMM! I feel pretty good about it. It's also 100% OGC, and I hope that some of this attention means people will get a chance to use it.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
I have one more question. What happens to special mounts, animal companions, and familiars after 6th level? Do they get a feat for every extra hit die they get or maybe every 10000 exp the PC gets?

Kunimatyu

First Post
I'm trying to come up with a good way to convert Warlocks gaining LesserInvocations to E6, and not having the easiest time doing it.

They should have the ability to do so, because a Warlock stuck with one Least Invocation while his wizard buddy takes lots of additional spell slots doesn't work quite right, but Extra Invocation normally grants an invocation one type lower than your highest-powered Invocations(ie. in E6, only Least)

So, what's the right way to bring them over?

a) Don't -- and then wonder why nobody plays them anymore.
b) Let Extra Invocation grant additional Lessers -- after all, Wizards get an additional 3rd spell per feat, right?
c) Let Extra Invocation grant Lessers on a 2 feat: 1 Lesser basis.
d) Let Extra Invocation grant Lessers on a 3 feat: 1 Lesser basis.

Thoughts?

iceifur

Explorer
Kunimatyu said:
I'm trying to come up with a good way to convert Warlocks gaining LesserInvocations to E6, and not having the easiest time doing it.

So, what's the right way to bring them over?

Well, you could always say that the warlock has to have at least twice the number of Least Invocations as Lesser Invocations, and then modify the Extra Invocation feat accordingly.

For example, the first time someone takes the Extra Invocation feat, they gain a Least Invocation (total Invocs: 4 Least, 1 Lesser). The next time, they can gain a Lesser (total: 4 Least, 2 Lesser); the next two times, two more Least Invocations (total: 6 Least, 2 Lesser); the next after that, another Lesser (total: 6 Least, 3 Lesser); and so on, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads