• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6: The Game Inside D&D (with PDFs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrius said:
Extra Rage [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to rage, base attack bonus +5
Benefit: You may use your rage ability one additonal time per day.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Extra Smite Evil [General]
Prerequisite: Ability to smite evil as a class ability, base attack bonus +5
Benefit: You may use your smite evil ability one additional time per day.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.
Why only +5 BAB requirement? This will allow characters to dip into another non full BAB class, and still get to develop the core ability of barbarian/paladin. Is this intentional?

Shazman

Banned
Banned
There's no reaon not to just use the extra rage and extra smite feats that already can be found in Complete Warrior. The rest look good, except greater rage might just be too good.

Ry

Explorer
Well, there's OGC to consider; I'd like to be able to put stuff in the E6 pdf where it's feasible and appropriate.

zag01

First Post
rycanada said:
Well, in E6, I can use 1st level fighters as opponents against the PCs for the whole game. They're going to go down fast, but they're still credible threats against 6th+20 feats.

But 8th+20 feats? Not so much. That's when you're looking at level 3 or 4 fighters; they go down fast, but I find tracking their hit points and status effects is a lot more cumbersome than level 1 characters. Also there's the element of world design; if level 3 and 4 fighters / thugs / whatever are so common that they are the "basic mook" of the campaign, where did this supply of level 3 and 4 fighters come from? How did they get to level 3 while mostly spending their time patrolling?

Well as for world design, I was thinking E8 was about the power level I liked for Eberron. What with all the veterans of the Last War you'll have plenty of reason to have a surplus of 2nd-4th level mooks. And I comletely agree with the comment on warriors. NPC classes should be the staple for most mooks.

I do see what you're getting at as far as complexity goes. But I think thats the big difference between E6, E8 and regular D&D anyway. Its the level of complexity you and your group are comfortable with.

Morrius

First Post
Shazman said:
There's no reaon not to just use the extra rage and extra smite feats that already can be found in Complete Warrior. The rest look good, except greater rage might just be too good.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't got anything except the core three books and UA. I made all of these up off of the top of my head. :) So if there's something similar in a splat, by all means share it.

rycanada said:
I don't think there's ANY BAB requirement for the equivalent WotC splatfeats.
Then I don't think there should be any for E6 either.

Now, I want to look at some defensive feats, that is, feats that relates to armor and shields.
I remember the AEG book 'Mercenaries' had a few in this regard.

Later,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads