• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Earthdawn Dallas,TX Saturdays

Talysian

Explorer
So due to real life changes the Saturday game I usually run has petered out, and I've decided to go back to an old Classic, Earthdawn, and lo and behold a new edition has been mainstreamed and released in the last year or so.Earthdawn is seriously not D&D the mechanics, world and setting are all way different. If you are interested please let me know, you can find more information on Earthdawn here/ RedBrick LLC • Raising Your Game. I'd like to do this on Saturday Nights. (5-6 to 10-11) I have two possibly 3 players lined up and looking for 2 more. I live off of George Bush & Marsh, for a rough location.

You may ask yourself what is earthdawn?

The world of Earthdawn is one of legend. Its people and places are larger than life, the stuff of song and saga. Heroes fight the monsters of this and other worlds; their bold exploits light a beacon of hope for the future, as word of their deeds spreads across the troubled, fearful land. Earthdawn is a world of high adventure, high magic, and terrible danger. Those dangers lurk not only within long-forgotten kaers, but also within the minds of people forever corrupted by the Horrors. To rebuild its heart and soul as well as its outward aspect after the devastation of the Scourge, the world needs heroes. The players of Earthdawn, by creating their characters and playing the game, provide these heroes.

In contrast to many other roleplaying games, characters in Earthdawn do not simply survive each adventure and become a little smarter or a little richer. Earthdawn adds another dimension to roleplaying; its characters become heroic figures, accomplishing deeds so impressive that generation after generation will honor their memory in song and story. The world of Earthdawn brims over with legends, heart-stirring tales of famous adventurers told by the fireside to while away the night. Earthdawn player characters can become the figures in those legends. As they build their characters’ legends through play, they create the fireside tales that their descendants will tell about them. Gaining this heroic stature through daring deeds is as important a part of playing Earthdawn

After centuries of hiding beneath the earth, humanity has ventured out into the sunlight to reclaim the world. Trolls, dwarfs, elves, orks, and humans live side by side with other, more exotic, races: the lizard-like t’skrang, the small, winged windlings, and the earthen obsidimen. Creatures both magical and mundane dwell once more in the forests and jungles. Arcane energies offer power to those willing to learn the ways of magic.

Once, long ago, the land grew lush and green. Thriving forests sheltered plants and animals, and people grew and prospered off the land’s bounty. Then the Horrors came, and drowned the world in darkness.

The world’s flow of magic rose and at its height dread creatures from the darkest depths of astral space crossed into our world, leaving suffering and destruction in their wake. The world’s inhabitants named these fell creatures the Horrors. They laid our world waste in a terrible time now known as the Scourge. The lush forests died. Bustling towns vanished. Beautiful grasslands and majestic mountains became blasted, barren terrain, home to the Horrors’ twisted mockery of life.

The Horrors lusted to destroy all life, but they did not succeed. Before their coming, the magicians of the Theran Empire warned the world, and the people of the Earth took shelter under it. They built fantastic underground cities called kaers and citadels; their children and their children’s children grew up within these earthen enclaves, never seeing the light of the sun. For four hundred years the Horrors roamed the land, devouring all they touched while the people hid in terror, until the slow ebb of the world’s magic forced these loathsome creatures to retreat to the astral pit that spawned them.

The game will start out with the Hero's of the story in just such a Kaer waiting for the day to come that they can return to the world above.

Koronue

First Post
Interested In Joining

I am interested in joining your campaign.

I have knowledge of the rules 3.5 and several years of gaming and role play experience.

Email me at giasekando@live.com if you are still interested in filling a few more spots.

Remove ads