• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eating Cicadas (and other bugs)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Not to mention how much garbage we produce. If we do not get to 99% recycling in a decade or two, we are F.U.B.A.R. All of us.
*when

I think you hit the nail on the head, @Horwath . Which is going to be easier: get all countries to achieve 99% recycling of all waste products in 20 years, or develop more abundant/efficient food sources?

It's a trick question, because there are way more than just two options, none of them are easy, and we will have to do all of them to some degree.

Last edited:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
That could be the tagline for the bug meat.

"Eat them before they eat you!"
886cb187680941.5dc0115bde2ce.jpg

Horwath

Legend
*when

I think you hit the nail on the head, @Horwath . Which is going to be easier: get all countries to achieve 99% recycling of all waste products in 20 years, or develop more abundant/efficient food sources?

It's a trick question, because there are way more than just two options, none of them are easy, and we will have to do all of them to some degree.
to steal from JKF:
We choose to clean up the planet, not because it is easy, but because it is hard!

aco175

Legend
Or peanut butter. Rumor has it that there is already a nonzero amount of insects in every jar of peanut butter.
I also heard in high school science that you should buy only chunky PB since they need to skim more of the mice fur out and not just liquify it.
Do not leave water running for 5 mins every time you brush your teeth,
Am I supposed to brush for 5 minutes? I'm lucky if I make it 2.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
I'd happily try a bug burger, but I think I'd puke trying to eat an intact bug. Logically I know they're a great source of sustainable protein, but I've had decades of cultural programming telling me that bugs are disgusting and fear inducing. Been cutting out beef products as much as possible, but most restaurants only offer beef and breaded chicken breast, and dammit, I like burgers! Ground turkey burgers are decent. Not much healthier on the body, but a lot better for the environment. Been meaning to try a lentil burger, see how I like that.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Chocolate works
Bugs can dippef in chocolate to entice the muggles. For the truely squeamish they can be crushed and mixed in

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'd happily try a bug burger, but I think I'd puke trying to eat an intact bug. Logically I know they're a great source of sustainable protein, but I've had decades of cultural programming telling me that bugs are disgusting and fear inducing. Been cutting out beef products as much as possible, but most restaurants only offer beef and breaded chicken breast, and dammit, I like burgers! Ground turkey burgers are decent. Not much healthier on the body, but a lot better for the environment. Been meaning to try a lentil burger, see how I like that.
Yeah, we've been trying to cut out beef as much as we can, but burgers are still our kryptonite. They're just so yummy!

Remove ads