• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron Excerpt: Self-Forged

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think I preferred the original Renegade Mastermaker art:[sblock=Renegade Mastermaker]
91468.jpg
[/sblock]The dwarf is fine and all, but the imagery is better.[sblock=Self Forged]
excerpts_epg_0525.jpg
[/sblock]

Wizard Biscuits

First Post
Really? I mean, each to their own but I look at the latter and see a Dwarf with a bolted skullcap and then nothing more than an overly large gold gauntlet.

Looking at the former I see a pseudo-cybernetic machine-and-magic fused man more in line with the imagery of the Self-Forged conjured up by the name.

One criticism I do have of both however is that the Warforged parts of both aren't very... well... Warforged-looking i.e. bulky, rounded (almost organic) metal and with the twig-like sinews/muscles.

Klaus

First Post
I think it's the pseudo-cybernetic thing that I don't like. The dwarf's shoulder and forearm look like it might be some clockwork armour, and the earlier picture has metallic shapes that make no sense and the half-face plate with the red-eye that is all but cliche (DC Comics' Cyborg, for starters, and he's from the early 80s).

CubeKnight

First Post
My wife loves Fullmetal Alchemist.

I can see her playing a Warforged, and an artificiar with self-forged at paragon. :)

Off-topic: Just a heads up, in case she didn't know, there's a new FMA anime being aired. Japanese only so far, but FUNimation already licensed it to the states. It may be a while before the dub comes out, but IIRC, you can already watch it subbed in their website.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Personally, I prefer the first picture, but thats mainly because I'm growing to dislike Ben Wooten's portraiture (he's otherwise a great artist IMO). I don't know, his faces all kind of look alike to me, especially around the eyes.

Klaus

First Post
Personally, I prefer the first picture, but thats mainly because I'm growing to dislike Ben Wooten's portraiture (he's otherwise a great artist IMO). I don't know, his faces all kind of look alike to me, especially around the eyes.
That's a complain I also have with Lucio Parrillo and, more often, with Wayne England. Compare Lucio Parillo's self-forged, above, with his picture of the Warlock in the 3.5 PHB2.

[sblock]
97120.jpg
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads