• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron Game (Calling Kerrz, Bront, Someone, GoddesFallenAngel, Primus)

Primus

First Post
Alright, I understand. Wish there was a Human Sorcerer Substitution level....

Feats: Skill Focus (Decipher Script), Sudden Still
Lvl 1 Spells: Magic Missile, Mage Armor

On character connections:
Well, Jal and Isa could be friends. Their histories are very similar and they could find a certain amount of kinship in their inability to master Wizardry.

As for Knya, I'm not sure. Is she even in Sharn?

Last edited:

Kyna is in Sharn - she is still in training at the Demesne of Shadow (House Phiarlan's enclave in Sharn).

She could perhaps know some of the others, either from entertaining at an affair they were at, or as drinking partners. ;)

groggy

First Post
Isa and Jal could easily have bonded over their frustrations--after having met while Jal was new to Sharn, and receiving an "education" about bumbling tourists getting in Isa's way. ^^

Isa probably isn't high enough rank to merit attendance at a fete that Kyna would dance at, but it's certainly possible that House Phiarlan--or Kyna herself--commissioned some small metal-work or clockwork toy from her, and they met that way.

Kerrz

First Post
Runila, being a Paladin of Hospitality (for lack of a better term) could have fallen in with just about anyone. She could have elected herself to show some newcomer to the city the sights and sounds. Or she could have fallen in with Valahandra over a discussion of theology and baked-goods.

Perhaps she was working with an aging couple helping to run an inn. I see Runila as more of a humble paladin than a holy avenger. She knows how to kill and maim, but also knows when not to, and when it is more appropriate to just lead by example. In the case of the Queen of the Hearth and Hospitality, leading by example means Happy Homemaker... who knows how to take out unwanted trouble.

Perhaps the Inn that Runila works at could be a base of operations of sorts for the first adventure.

groggy

First Post
I like the idea of Runila's Inn as central hub. Plus it really simplifies all the "How did we meet?" backstory. We're all drunks, that Inn has the best booze in Sharn. ^^

Bront

The man with the probe
Valahandra is wandering to find adventure and a purpose. It is not unreasonable that she could have found herself in an Inn anywhere in Sharn. Being somewhat sheltered from non-valenar culture, so she probably found this place thinking that when she asked for the finest drinks, it was a well aged wine, and not a fresh brew.

I fixed her money and posted her. Her armor degraded, and she doesn't have a crossbow anymore. I'm sure she'll find a way to pick them back up eventualy.

Looking forward to this, I realy liked Valahandra, and it should be entertaining to play her again :)

groggy said:
Isa probably isn't high enough rank to merit attendance at a fete that Kyna would dance at, but it's certainly possible that House Phiarlan--or Kyna herself--commissioned some small metal-work or clockwork toy from her, and they met that way.

Well, keeping in mind that Kyna's first level - talented for her age, but likely not dancing for nobles. :lol:

However, I like the idea of maybe meeting through having something commissioned, though. Too bad you don't do jewelry. Maybe Kyna had a clockwork toy commissioned for her younger sister (who I just made up)? :p

Mista Collins

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Too bad you don't do jewelry. Maybe Kyna had a clockwork toy commissioned for her younger sister (who I just made up)?

Look at you go with the improv!

On another note, I am going to look over the characters one more time, and then post the first in character post either tonight or tomorrow sometime.

groggy

First Post
Mista Collins said:
Look at you go with the improv!

On another note, I am going to look over the characters one more time, and then post the first in character post either tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Heh.

It could also be a clockwork puzzle, if mind-gamey type stuff is more her speed. But the ret-conned sister is nice too. Although I usually add a sibling to my characters during the third season, when the ratings start to tank.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads