Eberron ~ Gloria e Flamae Solei ~ Calling Logicsfate

Bobitron

Explorer
tyrlaan said:
The whole concept behind the class is they devote themselves to a master or an ideal (like, say, the Church of the Silver Flame). What do you think?

I don't have that book, but if you think it will fit the campaign, feel free to plan on that. Just keep the 'feel' in mind, I don't want anything that goes against the general concept. If you could email me the prestige class, that would be great.

Bobitron @ att.net and Robert_Sennick @ Bose.com (no spaces). Please send any emails to both accounts.

Bobitron

Explorer
Added the prestige classes I want in the party in the first post. If I could get one from each of those classes, that would be great. The Church Inquisitor's Force Shapechange ability (gained at 6th level) could be of particular use in some of the faction's missions.

Verbatim

Explorer
I would definately like to throw my hat into the ring for this game, as I had to drop out of Darkmaster's Eberron game and have been kicking myself for it ever since it happened.

My concept it for a character just being brought into this aspect of the church, so he would definately be a Purifier at this point. I am thinking either a LN fighter or ranger who has no problem with the shades of gray that come from his chosen path. If a fighter, I see him as being along the lines of Clint Eastwood's character in Unforgiven. He has to support his two children the best he can, and for the time being, working for the church is the only path he feels he has.

Armed with twin sickles, as he no longer has the weapons he had when he was an adventurer, he looks at each mission as a means to an end and writes his sister every chance he has to let his kids know he is thinking of them, even though in his letters, he hides the truth of what he does from them as best he can.

Does it sound too cliched?

Bobitron

Explorer
tyrlaan said:
It's in e-transit. :)

Got it. That looks OK to me. I'm still trying to get a good handle on what level I want everyone to start at, hopefully I will have some more of the particulars figured tomorrow.

Bobitron

Explorer
Verbatim said:
Does it sound too cliched?

Not at all! However, keep in mind that the Faithful recruit from within the Church only, so anyone in the party would need a long-standing membership in the Church. Maybe he was called out of retirement, to use your Unforgiven reference? A bounty hunter-type character would be useful.

Verbatim

Explorer
I could more than likely convert the fighter concept into a Ranger one without too much trouble, sticking to the Twin fighting concept over the archer path. Is the family concept going to be too specific for you to work in? If so, I can always have that his family was killed, either by illness or bad luck, and that is what prompted him to return to the church, and to a life he thought he had left behind, before his wife cured him from the wicked path he used to walk...

Bobitron

Explorer
Verbatim said:
Is the family concept going to be too specific for you to work in?

Not at all. Sounds fine to me. Just keep him strongly biased towards the religous aspect of things, and we'll be fine.

Remember, The Silver Flame's chosen weapon is the longbow, folks. I want to see some bow-slinging holy action :)

After considering this overnight, I think I will require a minimum of one cleric level for each character. I don't care when it is taken in each character's career, so long as they take at least one level. Also, I have decided on 9th level, which should allow for some pretty flexible characters. Feel free to mix up your classes to make some resourceful builds. I added some more creation info in the first post.

Remove ads