Eberron ~ Gloria e Flamae Solei ~ Calling Logicsfate

Bobitron

Explorer
tyrlaan said:
So, do I need to take the Monastic Training feat?

Since we are using the gestalt rules, I don't feel it is needed. If you want to take monk/cleric, transition to monk/fighter, then to monk/kensai once you have the prerequisites, I don't have a problem with that.

I assume you going to use your fists as your signature weapon?

tyrlaan

Explorer
Bobitron said:
Since we are using the gestalt rules, I don't feel it is needed. If you want to take monk/cleric, transition to monk/fighter, then to monk/kensai once you have the prerequisites, I don't have a problem with that.

I assume you going to use your fists as your signature weapon?

Actually, I was going to go monk/rogue instead of monk/fighter. Also, since I'll have some cleric, I could technically also pick up some shadowbane stalker - not entirely sure yet, and if that's too much I can skip it.

And yes, a lovely pair of fists for signature weapon. Incidentally, it will cost me XP to boost them, so how much XP do we have? Just enough to be 9th?

Bobitron

Explorer
tyrlaan said:
Actually, I was going to go monk/rogue instead of monk/fighter. Also, since I'll have some cleric, I could technically also pick up some shadowbane stalker - not entirely sure yet, and if that's too much I can skip it.

And yes, a lovely pair of fists for signature weapon. Incidentally, it will cost me XP to boost them, so how much XP do we have? Just enough to be 9th?

That sounds great. Don't worry about the XP. The same applies to characters who want to create scrolls and such, we can assume they were made previously.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Okay, I've got two possible human concepts now, and one warforged concept coming later. I've gotta run out to a comic book convention in a minute, so that'll probably take until much later tonight to show up.

Lhulan Ceth, the Reformed

Lhulan Ceth was born in Sigilstar in Thrane, just one of too many children for his parents to support. He spent his days avoiding school and his nights seeking ever more dangerous and forbidden amusements in the ciy streets. He joined a gang before he was 13, committed murder before he was 16, and became incarcerated before he was 18.

Oddly, he became a model prisoner. The authorities were now the strongest force in his life, just as his local gang had once been, and so he gave over his allegiance to them wholeheartedly. In Thrane, of course, this also meant giving over his allegiance to the Church of the Silver Flame.

Lhulan was bright, talented, and a useful snitch on everyone else in the prison, so the Church began to take interest in him. Eventually, his early release was arranged, and he obediently entered training as a templar of the Flame.

He was placed under the authority of a Cardinal who also supported the Lodge of Glory, and gradually proved himself both eminently capable and obedient to the letter of the law, even to the point of reporting to the Cardinal on the errors and heterodoxies of his equals and immediate superiors.

Gradually, he was employed for ever more sensitive and internal matters, until it was decided that he was fit for service in the Lodge itself.

Lhulan Ceth, the Scholar

Lhulan Ceth was born the first son of an educated, upper-middle class family in Aundair. An intelligent but essentially aimless youth, he went to university as was expected of him, and discovered an interest in history and theology. In the course of his studies, he journeyed to Thrane and eventually Flamekeep itself, researching the times of Tira Miron and the spread of her new faith across a land which once revered the Sovereign Host. Lhulan himself had been raised to observe the older pantheon, but although he never felt any special connection to it, the rapid conversion of an entire nation away from the predominant faith of Khorvaire seemed almost unbelievable to him.

It was through these inquiries that Lhulan learned of the threats that the Church had been formed to combat, many of which were still as alive in his day as in those of Tira Miron. And the more he learned, the more he began to feel that the Silver Flame burned in him as it did in the people of Thrane. The world was a dark place full of ancient terrors, and the Flame was vital to light a place for frail, mortal humanity in it.

Lhulan Ceth, burning with the zeal of the converted, quit school and joined the Church of the Silver Flame. While officially a friar, he was employed by the church not for missionary work, but for the same research that had brought him to Thrane: He became an expert on church history and relics, and they sent him all over the nation--and occasionally beyond--recovering knowledge and artifacts lost in the War.

At times, Brother Lhulan was unsettled by what he saw. In some parishes, the Church's representatives had become lax, permissive, even corrupt or heretical. He reported quietly and promptly to his immediate superiors on every infraction he found evidence of. Those superiors found this good. He was never officially made any kind of inquisitor, but he was increasingly assigned to areas of less historical significance, and more suspected malfeasance.

This practice nearly cost him his life. Eventually, Brother Lhulan discovered a deep infestation of one parish by agents of the the Lords of Dust . . . and they discovered him. He was ambushed by a squad of hired blades, but while he nearly died, he managed to dispatch them by himself.

Then the Lodge of Glory took an interest in him.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Okay, I'm working on him. I have a couple feats in mind that are from other books let me know if these are okay. One is Staggering Strike from Complete Adventurer, the other is in Complete Arcane and Complete Divine, so here it is:

Practised Spellcaster
Prerequisite: Spellcraft 4 ranks
Benefit: Your caster level for the chosen spellcasting class increases by +4. This can't increase your caster level beyond your HD. However, if you can't benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain noncaster-level HD you may be able to apply the rest of the bonus.
A character with two or more spellcasting classes must choose which class gains the feat's effect.
This does not affect your spells per day or spells known. It only increases your caster level, which would help you penetrate SR and increase the duration and other effects of your spells.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time you choose it, you must apply it to a different spellcasting class.

Verbatim

Explorer
Okay, here is the concept I have so far for an inquisitor, but if someone else wants that role, I could switch him to a Consecrated Harrior just as easily.

Dathen "The Masked Judge"

Within the ranks of the Silver Flame there is a sect of clergymen whose mission is to keep the purity of the faith intact, even if it means using the blessings of the Silver Flame to strike down those who claim to follow its tenets and beliefs. Called the Judges of the Flame, these priests and priestesses often live a lonely and dangerous life, as when a Judge arrives, it is very rarely seen as a good thing.

Dathen Trament joined the ranks of the Silver Flame to escape from his past, as the young man was wanted for the murder of a merchant's son who had Dathen caught raping his sister. While it was clearly an act of defense on his part, Dathen knew that no magistrate would listen to the bastard offsprings of a tavern wench.

Dathen took to the martial training easily and when the church began sharpening his mind as well as his sword, Dathen felt truly at home for the first time in his life. For six years, Dathen travelled where the church sent him, often volunteering for assignments that many higher ranking priests considered too dangerous for him, but each time a bruised and bloodied Dathen would return and as soon as his body would allow it, sometimes just barely, Dathen would volunteer again.

Rising to the rank of Captain, Dathen was given a "resting" assignment aboard the mobile town of Argonth. After he arrived and checked aboard, Dathen tried to enjoy the duty for what it was, but downtime was not a concept Dathen understood well, but after three months Dathen's life changed. During a chance meeting when taking on stores, Dathen met a weaver woman and with a timidness he had not felt in all of his years, Dathen asked if he could write her from time to time, and when she said yes Dathen grinned like a young child.

Dathen continued to write and visit her over the course of the year that followed and soon their relationship became more than platonic. While the church did not restrict their followers from starting a family, Dathen knew that the timing was wrong but he could not stop how he felt and was married to Breanna the following year.

Asking to be transferred to New Cyre to help establish the church's presence there, Dathen's request was approved and he moved his wife, who was now with child, with him. It was a move that would change his life forever...

Shortly after arriving in New Cyre, Breanna gave birth to twins girls and for a moment, Dathen's life was everything he had dreamed it would be. However, his happiness was short lived as he began to notice that not all was right within New Cyre's walls. Investigating a series of brutal deaths, Dathen began to realize that the killers were members of his sect. Rushing home, Dathen discovered that his wife had been slain and his children taken from their crib, and in a rage rushed to the barracks of the church, and into the Mockery's waiting trap.

When the sun rose the next morning, the Silver Flame garrison was a grisly site. The once gleaming walls were covered in dark crimson streaks and the smell of death was heavy in the air. When the town militia did enter the building, they discovered Dathen, who was more dead than alive clutching his slain children close to him and speaking softly to them in his delerium. It would be the last time that Dathen would ever show emotion again...

When he regained his senses, Dathen was reaboard Argonth and while they could heal most of the damage to Dathen's body, his spirit was another matter. Dathen was recalled to Sharn and after giving a full report of the events which had transpired, the Church offered Dathen a position with the Judges of the Flame, as his desire for revenge still burned brightly.

Ten years later after accepting the position, Dathen has travelled to nearly every corner of the world in service to the church. He has killed men, women and children in his travels and his coldness has earned him both respect and fear by the church. He has taken to wearing an elvish death mask that he acquired on his travels, and although there are rumors as to where he got it, none have been brave enough to ask the deadly priest.

Mithran

First Post
This game look's interesting but I don't have the Ebberon books. :(
If we can work around that somehow I think I'd like to play a wizard. (which I don't think we have yet?.)

Ferrix

Explorer
Elohim was born into the Church, in the sense that his youngest memory is of attending prayer. He is the orphan son of a devout priestess of the Silver Flame who died during childbirth. His father was never known, and in some ways that sullied the devotion of the priestess, but the truth which the mother did not even know was that Elohim was the result of a cunning plan by the Lodge to birth a child of celestial blood which they could control. Having since been raised as a child of the Church, he knows only reverence and devotion, his teachings guided behind the scenes by the Lodge for the cultivation of a true zealot.

------------

So That's the idea I have, however, I was wondering what your opinion of the half-celestial template would be as it would be really fitting for the idea I had. Also using the Gestalt rules, it's a bit of a big hit to take the Level Adjustment fully, if you even would want to allow the half-celestial, the general procedures I've seen for LA and Gestalt is to either halve the level adjustment, or to allow it to take up one side of the gestalt mix.

Just an idea I had. If the half-celestial doesn't fly, I'll just end up going fighter-cleric-exorcist of the sacred flame

Remove ads