• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron location for Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Hi all,

I'm considering running the 3.0 Edition module, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil with Eberron on the setting.

Unfortunately, the big thing I'm mashing my head against is WHERE to put the locations.

Hommlet - small hamlet, near the Moathouse and the old Temple of Elemental Evil.
Rastor - 60 miles or so from Hommlet (small village full of evil hateful folks).
Crater Ridge Mines - Huge abandoned mining facility (dormant volcano).

Any ideas on location? I was thinking of setting it all between Droaam and Breland but I didn't see any suitable locations when I was perusing the map... the PCs need access to a large city so that they can purchase magic items, but it can't be so close that they could reasonably expect the city authorities to take down the cult.

Also, a quick question... does the Cult of the Dragon below serve the Daelkyr (knowingly or unknowingly)? And, what are the aims of The Lords of Dust?

Thanks!

Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'd probably put the Temple near the Black Pit in northern Breland. (At a quick guess from memory.)

The Cult does all sorts of things - it's more like a catch-all for all the separate groups of whacked out cultists. Some of them could knowingly serve Daelky, some unknowingly, and others not at all. Heck, some might even oppose them.

The Lords of Dust usually aim to free rakshasa rajahs.

Kaodi

Hero
How about near the Ashen Spires in Karrnath? Black Pit seems too to be too far from any significant city. The Ashen Spires on the other hand are near Atur and Vedykar, and they certainly imply a dormant volcano.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thanks blargney, I'll have to read up on the Black Pit again.

Looking at the map, maybe the eastern portion of the Eldeen Reaches might work. The Beyshk Moutains are to the south, I could easily claim a dormant volcano there. Thoughts?

Remove ads