• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron-Red Hand of Doom!!!

Ivellious

First Post
I'd like to give a shot at this. I'd like to make an Elven Fighter/Wizard (Yeah, going for the Arcane Archer) I'm kinda new to Eberron, but I will try the best I can to make an interesting background.

Ivellious

First Post
Ivellious Phiarian
Male Elf Fighter 3 / Wizard 1
True Neutral

[sblock=stats]
Strength 14 (+2)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 11 (+0)
Intelligence 16 (+3)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 11 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 3"
Weight:125 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Brown; Beardless

Total Hit Points: 22

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +3 [armor] + 3[dexterity]

Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 13

Initiative modifier: +3 = +3 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +3 = 3 [base]
Reflex save: +4 = 1 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will save: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld): +5 = 3 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +5 = 3 [base] +2 [strength]
Attack (missile): +6 = 3 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [strength]

Weapons
Mw Compistie Longbow (+2 str) +8[normalAB] 1d8+2 x3 110ft Pirecing
Mw Scimitar +6 1d6+2 18-20 x2

Light load: 58 lb. or less
Medium load: 59-116 lb.
Heavy load: 117-175 lb.
Lift over head: 175 lb.
Lift off ground: 350 lb.
Push or drag: 875 lb.

Region of Origin: Valenar

Dragonmarked House: Phiarian [Mark of Shadow]

Languages: Common Draconic Elven Sylvan

Hawk familiar

Feats:

Dodge
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Weapon Focus x1 Weapon(s): Longbow
Scribe Scroll [free to wizard]

Traits:

Action Points: 7 (this level)

Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier =Ability Modifier+Ranks+Misc. Modifier (If any)-armor check
Concentration Con 5 = 0 + 5
Hide Dex* 5 = 3 + 2 + 10 [Cloak of Elvenkind]
Listen Wis 6 = 2 + 2 +2 [elf]
Move Silently Dex* 15 = 3 + 2 + 10 [Boots of Elvenkind]
Search Int 9 = 3 + 4 + 2 [elf]
Spot Wis 6 = 2 +2 +2 [elf]
Survival Wis 4 = 2 + 2

* = check penalty for wearing armor

The hawk confers +3 on spot checks in well-lit conditions.
If the familiar is within reach, +2 on spot and listen ("alertness").

Zero-level Wizard spells: 3 per day

First-level Wizard spells: 2 (1+1) per day

Spells known
0th lvl
All

1st
Expeditious Retreat
True Strike
Shield
Disguise Self
Identify

Spells Prepared (normally)
0th
Detect Poison
Read Magic
Dancing Lights

1st
Expeditious Retreat
True Strike

Elf

* +2 dexterity / -2 constitution (already included)

* Immune to magical sleep

* +2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments

* Low-light vision

* Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow && shortbow

* +2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks

* Notice secret doors

Fighter

* Bonus Feats (already included)

Wizard

* Familiar / Alertness, etc.

* Bonus Feats (already included)

* High intelligence gains bonus spells daily

Hawk familiar: Str 6 Dex 17 Con 10 Int 6 Wis 14 Chr 6; Hit points: 11; Initiative +3 (dex); Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average); AC: 18 (+2 size, +3 dex, +2 natural, +1 level); Claws +5 melee, Claws 1d4-2; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +5, Listen +6, Spot +6, weapon finesse (claws) Alertness feat when in arm's reach; improved evasion; share spells; empathic link;[/sblock]

[sblock=equipment]
Item Cost Weight
masterwork studded leather armor 175gp 20lbs.
masterwork composite long bow (+2 str) 600gp 3lbs.
masterwork Scimitar 315gp 4lbs.
40 arrows 2gp 6lbs.
Cloak of Elvenkind 2000gp 1lb.
Boots of Elvenkind 2000gp 1lb.
Traveling Papers 2sp
Identification papers 2gp
Backpack 2gp 2lbs.
Bedroll 1sp 5lbs.
Flint and Steel 1gp
Belt Pouch 1gp 1/2lbs.
Sack 1sp 1/2lbs.
Signal whistle 8sp
Everburning Torch 110gp 1lb.
Waterskin 1gp 4lbs.
Whetstone 2cp
Spell component pouch 5gp 2lbs.
Wizard's Spellbook 15gp 3lbs.
Ink 8gp
Inkpen 1sp
2 smokesticks 40gp 1lb.
2 Potions of cure light wounds 100gp 2/10lbs
Thunderstone 30gp 1lb
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
total 5389gp 13sp 2cp 57.2lbs

gp9
sp7
cp8
[/sblock]

[sblock=background]
Ivellious Phiarian has lead a pretty boring life, which bugs him to no end. He started traveling when he was 120, and been out on the road for the past five years. Unlike most elves, Ivellious finds excitement being around other races, and was traveling with a group for 2 of them. Then disaster stuck as when one night Ivellious went to scout around the area his group was in, only to find that they were slaughtered when he returned. His only clue to the murder was that one of his companions wrote the word Sharn with his blood. Ivellious has traveled to Sharn in hopes of finding those that killed his friends, and also to find a new adventuring group to join[/sblock]

This is my submission, and hope I get picked for the game. Good luck to all

Last edited:

Ivellious

First Post
Though I did noticed that you didn't do anything for hp, is there a specific way you wanted that done or did you want us to invisible castle it?

ByteRynn

First Post
EvolutionKB: Those feats all look okay.

Ivellious: [sblock]A few critiques on your character thus far: The dragonmarked houses and the true elven cultures do not mix very well in Eberron. The Valinar are a very war-oriented race, hard, martial and extreme. If you have been Valinar in the past few years, you HAVE seen war. House Phiarlan on the other hand sounds more down-the line on what you are going for. The Dragonmarked houses are fully integrated in a mainstream Khorvarian Society, and you background would be better suited there.[/sblock]

Ivellious

First Post
[sblock=ByteRynn]
I didn't get that impression about the Valinar when I was reading about them. I did notice that they were war oriented and I thought the idea of a fighter type person would work better in the society though......that, and I thought it would be cool to wield a double scimitar, even if it is a secondary weapon. Thanks for the imput and will edit acordingly[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
While I am also new to Eberron I'm interested in getting in on this as well. I've got three possible concepts so far, all involving various dragonmarks. Here are my possibilities:
1. Human beguiler (with aberrant dragonmark)- Thea never really knew her parents. Her adoptive father was a changeling, and her mother was a human- both of them were spies for Breland during the last war, and they floated from place to place, and identity to identity almost constantly. As such, she grew up learning little bits of everything- it didn't help that she was incredibly smart and curious. When her parents died during the wars final days, she was orphaned, but she was taken in by a "crazy old man" in Sharn (actually a changeling relative of her adoptive father) who taught her the tricks of a beguiler. While she is grown up now, her curiousity and sense of adventure is still as sharp as ever.

2. Human monk (Sentinel marked, and headed for Dragonmark Heir PrC))- While Stefan's prents were only minor members of House Deneith, his potential was discovered early, and he was set upon a particularly demanding path. He has only recently completed his basic studies, and his mentor has sent him out into the world to develop his abilities further- it is believed that with the proper experience he might someday be a very important asset to his house.

3. Human Scout/ranger (Mark of passage)- Sven's parents were mderately influencial members of House Orien, and they traveled extensively overseeing various details for the Transportation Guild. They both had a deep appreciation for nature, though, and they raised their son to have the same ideals- infact, he spent far more time wandering the countryside and forest around the family home than he ever spent on his formal lessons. He had actually begun working for the house scouting out new potential trade routes, and temporary alternatives when local issues made particular routes unusable when his team was ambushed- in the ensuing fight, he manifested his dragonmark and helped to turn the tide. With such a sign, though, his life has turned out to be far less simple, and he has found a whole new path laid before him.

I'm actually working on all three, but if any one seems particularly interesting let me know.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, as well; I have a few character ideas in mind, but would like to check if certain classes would be okay with you first. One of my preferred concepts is of a restless wanderer with a knack for quite a lot but no patience to actually dedicate himself to any one thing; the character might be a Rogue, Bard, multiclass character, or--preferably--a Factotum, from Dungeonscape, if allowed. If not a Factotum, he would also probably be well suited to the Chameleon prestige class; it is from Races of Destiny, but is also available online, except for the prerequisite feat, Able Learner. It is not a very complicated feat, though: it's a 1st level only and human only feat that lets cross-class skill ranks be bought with only 1 skill point, not 2.

He's not my only concept, however, and I wanted to ask if two other classes for different character ideas would be acceptable--the Landforged Walker prestige class, from Secrets of Xen'drik, and the Wu Jen base class, from Complete Arcane.

Last edited:

NathalieK

First Post
character concept

I was thinking about a Human Swashbuckler (Complete Warrior) / Rogue - a scion of House Orien with no mark and little interest in family business. She is a renegade - sent to Sharn on a minor family errand and managing to disappear within its lower levels, finding what work and entertainment she can on her own merits, though she remains uneasy with certain aspects of the underclass with whom she now associates, and is shaky at best when it comes to maintaining the low profile that would benefit her cause.

I was thinking of moving towards the Heir of Siberys prestige class, although it's far enough in the future that it wouldn't be an immediate concern.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads