Eberron Setting?

Bari

First Post
What about if we make in some random place outdoors, in the city? Maybe just a normal street, and fights can take place in some dark sidestreet or something. Like the Bazaar, but without a bazaar...

Jeajea

First Post
I think I have you on MSN, right? I can't really remember. Just in case, kff100@hotmail.com. If it's okay with you, I'll leave it until after my exams - but I'm very happy to answer any questions on the setting or generally tell you about stuff after that. Just grab me and plink me after the 7th, I'll unfold the beauty of Eberron to ya - Dragonmarks, Lifeless, Sharn, Lightning Rail, Warforged, Living Spells, Barbarian Halflings, Demons Wastes and all. And the Mournland, of course. Mmm, Mournland...

I can be contacted at dragonUNDERSCOREflyghtAThotmailDOTcom

...obviously removing the underscore, at and dots with appropriate punctuation. I'm just entering holiday period, so have plenty of time to talk about the setting (mind I do have a single exam coming up, but I don't imagine I'll be stressing too much over that). Have been currently DMing a tabletop game in Eberron for about 6 months and am writing up some of my own adventures for the setting which I hope to post online after I set my players up against it.

What about if we make in some random place outdoors, in the city? Maybe just a normal street, and fights can take place in some dark sidestreet or something. Like the Bazaar, but without a bazaar...

Skybridges of Sharn. No question if you wanted an outdoors place. But what would be on the street to set it apart from the Bazaar? *rumages through sharn city of tower books for more ideas*

Okay, now you people have to tell me about Eberron too! My... dare I say knowledge... on it is horribly limited! :( DnD books and other materials are so friggin expensive here ish why! If that weren't the case, I'd go buy myself books and read up! ^^

Bari

First Post
Oriza Spellstealer said:
Okay, now you people have to tell me about Eberron too! My... dare I say knowledge... on it is horribly limited! :( DnD books and other materials are so friggin expensive here ish why! If that weren't the case, I'd go buy myself books and read up! ^^

At least you have somewhere to buy them, should you save money or something.

I would ask for a tutorial too, but if that's the case, I would need to be... tutorial-ed... in all settings, 'cause I know nothing of Faerun or Oerth neither. *saves up money to print the books he downloaded... wich would cost like $200 each... printed, not bought. *

A good place to start on Eberron for those who don't know much about the setting would probably be here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberron - a very basic run down on the setting as well as some product information.

Alternatively, I find this ( http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archeb/si ) rather handy for Eberron inspiration and ideas, with sample articles from the Sharn Inquisitive Newspaper (a paper some of my characters have been known to carry around and read). The articles are mainly used as plot hooks for characters in Eberron, but offer a rather insightful IC look at life in Sharn, and indeed the Eberron setting.

If you want to wet your lips in terms of Sharn, heres an interesting article: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebsi/20061009a

Jeajea

First Post
Also, if multiple people want to know, perhaps it might be an idea to do this in a more formal and organised way. The first things that come to mind are Q&A sessions on chat, or indeed on the board... but I wonder whether there's a copyright issue there, I've no idea... if we're discussing the flavour of Eberron only and leaving mechanics out altogether, which would be what we would do, I suspect. Or else a mass MSN convo or something, whatever... or an FAQ? This way many people can get the information without it having to be repeated endlessly.

Khaira

First Post
Although I don't have much interest in Eberron - I've only played it a couple of times, and I wasn't overly impressed (no offense to any of ya'll who *do* like it ... just my personal impression) - I would say that a FAQ would be the way to go.

Mass "lecture" periods about Eberron - be it MSN, chat, or message boards - would be great for instant gratification for the immediately surrounding audience, but people who dribble in later wouldn't have resource to that plethora of knowledge that is derived from picking a knowledgeable person's brain.
Unless, of course, there was a Magi and/or a non-Magi contact(s) for people to direct questions towards; that might help, too.

The problem with a FAQ, of course, is that you're trying to describe a whole new setting, and have to pick which parts to include and which parts not to, lest it get altogether too wordy. You also have to find someone who can make be relatively concise, as people's attentions seem to wander, and too much information too soon can cause potential readers to become disinterested. And of course, there's the time/"who can or who will do it" issue.
If you can persuade some sorry fool to do it, though, it can work out pretty good, as long as said fool can get it done punctually. Just ask me ... I've been working on an FR FAQ forever and a day now. :)

Of course, that's all a lot of work to be doing for a possibly, maybe, might-be-might-not tentative setting, which is dependent on an interested Magi accepting the burden of Eberron setting coordinator - and Gabe's desire to do the programming necessary to create the room, et al. So maybe a mass Q&A session/"lecture" period would be more suitable, at least for right now

... oops, did I say 'fool' out loud there about the FAQs?
What I meant was er ... heh ... *sneaks away* :cool:

Last edited:

Khaira said:
If you can persuade some sorry fool to do it, though, it can work out pretty good, as long as said fool can get it done punctually. Just ask me ... I've been working on an FR FAQ forever and a day now. :)

I'll put my hand up for that, I've got a LOT of time on my hands (I mean, I DID write up a sample room with maps and everything). But I'm not going to even start on something like that until the room gets approved and a magi puts their hand up, simply because at the end of the day it the setting might just not happen.

In the meantime, why not take questions on the boards in this thread (or in chat, but I'm not often on during 'peek hour' due to my time zone. I can be, but I prefer to sleep in.) I'm happy to answer any questions put on here (and due to them being posts, I can probably spend a bit more time thinking about the answer and do so in a punctual manner :) )

Remove ads