Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Ghallanda wasn't involved in the war? My parents worked for a house, so I assumed I'd be helping a halfling house, but that's not necessarily true, I suppose. I actually fought in the war while studying Elven weapons, and only became a smith after the war or towards the end of the war. Is it unlikely that I could've helped more than one house, at different times? While I may have worked for them or helped them, I don't feel a particularly loyalty to any of them.

Ghallanda is the hospitality house, they runs inns, bars, restraunts, and things like that. Probably the only house not heavily involved in the war, at least not on a combat mission (perhaps they hosted negotiatons, piece talks, and maybe even ran POW camps).

Jorasco is the healing house, more likely to be in the war as medics. The houses do work togeather as well, so perhaps it was an enclave of house Jorasco protected by defenders from house Deneith (Human defenders and bladesman's guild house). House Deneith gives you possable ties to my character (Given he's a noble of the house) if you want them.

You asked for a bit of extra ideas for backgrounds, I'm just offering them. The background of Eberron is nebulous enough that you can probably shape it however you need to, to work with whatever house is appropriate.

I did peak at your too does, and just because you manifest a mark doesn't mean you are a member of a house (though you can't manifest one your race normaly couldn't), just that you have some house blood in you, and it's rare. So don't let that constrain you too much.

I do like your background. Gives you a different character, with a fairly clear thinking motive for how he is what he is. I'm just offering tips you could expand on to flesh it out more if you wish (which is all I offered to do).

Cedious

First Post
Time to waste some time while getting payed for it :)
hows everyones chars coming....i was just reading there backgrounds and was impressed....lots of nice little things for andy to work with.

This should be fun...at least to read and watch what you guys are doing anyway :)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
Ghallanda is the hospitality house, they runs inns, bars, restraunts, and things like that. Probably the only house not heavily involved in the war, at least not on a combat mission (perhaps they hosted negotiatons, piece talks, and maybe even ran POW camps).

Jorasco is the healing house, more likely to be in the war as medics.
Gotcha. I knew the two houses, but I hadn't considered that they'd have such roles in the War. Guess I haven't read that bit yet.
The houses do work togeather as well, so perhaps it was an enclave of house Jorasco protected by defenders from house Deneith (Human defenders and bladesman's guild house). House Deneith gives you possable ties to my character (Given he's a noble of the house) if you want them.
Hm, I like that idea. I'd probably be a fan of a House like Deneith, so all the better. :heh:
You asked for a bit of extra ideas for backgrounds, I'm just offering them.
And I appreciate the ideas! :D
The background of Eberron is nebulous enough that you can probably shape it however you need to, to work with whatever house is appropriate.

I did peak at your too does, and just because you manifest a mark doesn't mean you are a member of a house (though you can't manifest one your race normaly couldn't), just that you have some house blood in you, and it's rare. So don't let that constrain you too much.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid being a member of a house. I'd probably protect medics of Jorasco as an excuse to find a way to be part of the War, though. That they're Halflings is merely convenient.
I do like your background. Gives you a different character, with a fairly clear thinking motive for how he is what he is. I'm just offering tips you could expand on to flesh it out more if you wish (which is all I offered to do).
Thanks! I was going for something different and shocking at first (a Halfling Fighter? With TWF?! And A Valenar weapon?!), but that's easier to do when I have a better idea of how it might be possible. Although a Halfling Fighter isn't as odd in Eberron as other campaign settings. I'd have taken Ride if I had more skill points.

Last edited:

Cedious

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Gotcha. I knew the two houses, but I hadn't considered that they'd have such roles in the War. Guess I haven't read that bit yet.Hm, I like that idea. I'd probably be a fan of a House like Deneith, so all the better. :heh:
And I appreciate the ideas! :DYeah, I was trying to avoid being a member of a house. I'd probably protect medics of Jorasco as an excuse to find a way to be part of the War, though. That they're Halflings is merely convenient.
Thanks! I was going for something different and shocking at first (a Halfling Fighter? With TWF?! And A Valenar weapon?!), but that's easier to do when I have a better idea of how it might be possible. Although a Halfling Fighter isn't as odd in Eberron as other campaign settings. I'd have taken Ride if I had more skill points.

A halfling fighter can be just as effective as anyother....my rogue 4 / fighter 2 in mega's game has just as much front line action as a fighter and does some nice dmg with taunt and sneak attack.
it will be interesting how yours works out. What are your plans for your char as you advance in levels? thought about any other classes or just sticking with fighter?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Cedious said:
A halfling fighter can be just as effective as anyother....my rogue 4 / fighter 2 in mega's game has just as much front line action as a fighter and does some nice dmg with taunt and sneak attack.
Well, I agree, but it's just not common. Like a Gnome Barbarian.
it will be interesting how yours works out. What are your plans for your char as you advance in levels? thought about any other classes or just sticking with fighter?
Level 7: Exotic Weapon Master, Level 12: Heir of Siberys. Each of them are 3-level PrCs. I currently plan on going Fighter with the rest, but I might take a couple levels in Rogue since I'm big on Dex (any other class causes multiclassing penalty, which makes this convenient).

lonesoldier

First Post
megamania said:
Sorry. I printed out the PC sheets before any corrections were made. They are clear now. I'll need to recopy the characters. Looks good. and a full history. Thankyou.

Kewl, well I wrote some more stuff for my character. It elaborates on the ranking system in the Temple of the Spire. It should be uploaded in a few minutes. (I have to type it out)

Bront

The man with the probe
[QUOTEGotcha. I knew the two houses, but I hadn't considered that they'd have such roles in the War. Guess I haven't read that bit yet.[/QUOTE]
It's more my interpretation of it then anything written. As I said, it's nebulous in Ebberon, so you can have fun as you see fit.

Hm, I like that idea. I'd probably be a fan of a House like Deneith, so all the better. :heh:
Well, perhaps you work for the house in the Defenders guild, and have come to sharn, and eventualy work with (under?) my character. Gives Mega one plot hook to grab the two of us, I can see Vander sympathizing with your character's family plight (Given his has some similar points), and you're obviously not a member of the house (Sorry, there's a height requirement).

And I appreciate the ideas! :D
Glad to help :)

Yeah, I was trying to avoid being a member of a house. I'd probably protect medics of Jorasco as an excuse to find a way to be part of the War, though. That they're Halflings is merely convenient.
Assuming that being a halfing house didn't matter, see my above suggestion. Likely being in the defenders guild protecting them would make some sense (It's a likely assignment for a Talenta halfling, even one who is a bit more civilized), even if it was your parents and not you working for them at the time (Even more sense, why displace a family when they're needed where they are?)

If you want to go that route, and know my character, let me (And the GM) know, and we can wrangle that out a bit exactly when/how/why/what. This works even without knowing me though, so doesn't matter.

There are some interesting feats in the Races book that lets you use racial weapons well. However, you need to be the correct race (Elf, Halfling, Drow, Kalashtar). They let you use action dice used on attacks apply to damage to too though, so it's a cool feat. Might be worth looking into, though that sort of hoses the valenar weapon idea, which I think is cool.

I'm looking forward to this. Lots of cool backgrounds, and interesting players.

Mega, you have a character thread for us to put our characters in yet? That might be easier than grabbing them from here, and we can turn this into an OOC/Discussion thread. Also, when you create it, edit the first post and put any links or updates in it (if you don't mind), saves time digging around to find things for everyone.

Last edited:

Cedious

First Post
:lol:

have you guys checked out mega's SH posts? that might give you an idea of the way he DM's and a little insight into what kind of situations you guys will be in.

just an idea to help you prepare...

MadMaxim

First Post
megamania said:
Spike LN Aundair
Nice origin. Do you plan to be the leader of this group? How does he deal with stress and failure? What happened to his original team? Killed or disbanded? By whom and why and how does he feel about it?

Depending on whether a more suitable and experienced commander presents himself/herself, Spike will very likely take charge of the group. He's not power-hungry in any way, but he's used to taking charge in order to avoid complete anarchy.

Spike is always calm. In order to learn proper diplomatic skills, it was always stressed that he had to control his emotions otherwise he could end up losing. If he fails (and that has happened a few times), he has learned analyze the problem and find a logical solution to it and try not to repeat his mistake. In that way he's very "robot-like".

His original squad was disbanded after the war. The other warforged all got jobs in different parts of Aundair and it was impossible for Spike to persuade to come back, so that they could perhaps work as a mercenary unit. The unit was disbanded by his superior, Jonath ir'Talun, a nobleman and captain in the Aundairian army. He served with distinction during the war and was actually the one who suggested that Spike should try to lead a squad in order for him to gain some battlefield experience. Jonath was actually sorry that he had to do it, but peace had come to Khorvaire and now the Aundarian army had to cut expenses somewhere. Therefore, Spike's unit was disbanded. Spike isn't mad at Jonath for doing that. He had to do what he had to do...

EDIT: Rolled my hit points. Spike is ready for action! :)

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
MadMaxim said:
Depending on whether a more suitable and experienced commander presents himself/herself, Spike will very likely take charge of the group. He's not power-hungry in any way, but he's used to taking charge in order to avoid complete anarchy.
Leadership should be an interesting dynamic in this group (I count at least 3 characters with 5+ ranks in diplomacy). Vander is a bit of a leader, but is probably not quite as well militarily versed as Spike is. He tends to lead more by example and dead than by word and command, and is probably a better leader in social situations (where is more experienced) than military situations (Dispite being a fine warrior). I think it will work out well, and eventualy we'll all find our own niche.

FYI, I can't figure out how you got the +16 diplomacy. I can follow you up to +13, I must be missing a synergy or other bonus.

Remove ads