• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

It has begun!

Check out the PbP THE CHAOS EFFECT for your plot hooks.

Each of you have been invited to join someone for a meeting and possibly to answer questions in your mind or dispose of skeletons within your personal closet.

Let the Chaos Begin!

Bront said:
It's a feat we were talking about, not a nice magic weapon.

The feat is called Bladebearer of Valenar, and you need to be an Elf from Valenar, so not likely for your Talenta Halfling.

The halfling weapon feat: Talenta Warrior
Req: Halfling from Talenta
Benifit: sharrash, tangat, and boomerang are martial weapons for you, you get +1 dmg when mounted using the weapons, feats specificly related to one weapon works on all of them (Specificly (Greater) Weapon Focus and Specialization, and Improved Critical), and if you spend an action point to add to an attack roll, you can add the result to damage too.

I can let it go THIS time or if you wish- you were asked to help in a show about the halflings. You still impressed the locals.

One other thing- Many the elves are quite proud of their weapon. Some will be VERY displeased to know a halfling weilds one made for a halfling. Just a heads up.....

Bront said:
Cool. Let me know regarding my questions about using the favor.

There's a PbP story thread already? Are we going to have a character thread in the rogue's gallery?

I'm sure I can be talked into it.

Rogue's gallery is for finished characters..correct. I haven't been there in like three years.

Bront

The man with the probe
MadMaxim said:
8 ranks + 1 (Charisma bonus) + 2 (Bluff bonus) + 2 (Sense Motive bonus) + 3 Skill Focus (Diplomacy) as bonus feat for 1st-level marshal = 16.

That's what I get for skimming (Didn't check the feats, just saw the +16). Cool.

Bront

The man with the probe
megamania said:
I'm sure I can be talked into it.

Rogue's gallery is for finished characters..correct. I haven't been there in like three years.
I'll bring it up in game, I'll treat it like a "request" in progress waiting on beauracracy (lets you let it filter down whenever).

Would you like us to post the finished characters in the Rogue's Gallery then or leave them here?

megamania said:
Brom, an older brother
What's Brom's view of the eldest(Sorin)? Generaly, Vander was fleeing his family for feer of them all, but if Brom's not going to out him to his oldest brother (Likely for simple jelously for getting the estate, suspicion that Sorin had dear old dad offed, or is trying to build his own name and sees Sorin as a rival now, the brothers oviously weren't exactly nice to eachother either so this is all reasonable.), he'd probably tolerate associating with him. Otherwise, Vander was generaly trying to keep a low profile as to not be noticed by his family.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Bront said:
Most of the houses have presences in every region in some form or another. However, Defenders guild could easily be hired to protect another guild. Durring the war, you could easily be in Talenta and later moved to Sharn after the war. My character moved to Sharn after the war, and was too busy growing up before the war (Feel free to read my background. I only s-blocked it to save space, I trust people to play it down in character)

Well, chances are then, that after the war, you went to work for the defenders guild in Sharn (Assuming you're working for them, not the Healing guild of House Jorasco), where you would have met Vander d'Deneith. He's a noble of some favor in the house, though you'd probably see him pass up missions with a potentialy high profile. Assuming you'd be open about your background (or maybe it's in your file), he would likely sympathize with you and probably pull you onto jobs he took (assuming you didn't mind). Depending on how that ment, he might actualy tell you a bit about who he realy is (He hasn't changed his name, but he doesn't make his origin public to many people).
If I'm not mistaken, you weren't in the war? Maybe I worked with the Defenders and, as is unsurprising, word of the Halfling Valenar Double-Scimitar weilder got around. I worked in Talenta for a while but moved to Sharn to get a closer, more personal look at the Valenar Elves, still being very suspicious of them. In Sharn, I worked for the Defender's guild and when word of the odd Halfling came about, you decided to meet me. It's possible we were both open about our backgrounds (assuming I initiated the topic), and you invited me to various jobs.

You're not an Elf, so you can't take the elven scimitar feat (barring GM saying you could) (I'll post the exact feat when I get home), but the halfling one allows you to use all the halfling weapons with a cool bonus (There are a few boomerang feats too). They are cultural feats, that give you the damage ability with action points, and let you use feats like weapon focus, specialization, and imp crit on multiple weapons (all cultural weapons) with a single feat.
I'll look at the boomerang feats, but since I'm an odd race/weapon combination, I probably wouldnt' focus on anything with them.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
megamania said:
Being an elf is not as much a concern to me as being of a smaller size. For the better part- only elves can create the double-scimitars and they will not very likely create one for a halfling. If they do, it MUST have a legend that follows it. A weapon created and given to a powerful halfling chief to honor a dept involving the elves. Could be neat.
Are you saying I can't make the Double-Scimitars with some research?

Remove ads