• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
megamania said:
I can let it go THIS time or if you wish- you were asked to help in a show about the halflings. You still impressed the locals.

One other thing- Many the elves are quite proud of their weapon. Some will be VERY displeased to know a halfling weilds one made for a halfling. Just a heads up.....
Let what go this time? The feat or the weapon usage or the weapon making?

Of course the Elves will be displeased. Especially the Valenar Elves. That's exactly why my character uses it.

Jdvn1

megamania said:
Rogue's gallery is for finished characters..correct. I haven't been there in like three years.
Is this a question? I can't tell. The Rogue Gallery is for characters. It's common practice for people to post character and them edit them as needed, but different GMs do it differently. Some don't have a Rogues Gallery at all, and just use the OOC thread (like this). Others let players post in there willy-nilly.

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
If I'm not mistaken, you weren't in the war? Maybe I worked with the Defenders and, as is unsurprising, word of the Halfling Valenar Double-Scimitar weilder got around. I worked in Talenta for a while but moved to Sharn to get a closer, more personal look at the Valenar Elves, still being very suspicious of them. In Sharn, I worked for the Defender's guild and when word of the odd Halfling came about, you decided to meet me. It's possible we were both open about our backgrounds (assuming I initiated the topic), and you invited me to various jobs.

Sounds good, though your into will probably need to be rewritten just a bit in the actual game (Easy enough), and I'd likely run into you doing all the other things I'm doing to prep.

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Let what go this time? The feat or the weapon usage or the weapon making?

Of course the Elves will be displeased. Especially the Valenar Elves. That's exactly why my character uses it.

I think he was thinking of letting you take the elven weapon feat. Not an issue, as you stated before (I didn't think it would be, just wanted to bring them up).

Jdvn1

Bront said:
Sounds good, though your into will probably need to be rewritten just a bit in the actual game (Easy enough), and I'd likely run into you doing all the other things I'm doing to prep.
Since you're a noble, I'd consider you hard to reach, especially in a pinch. I wouldn't go looking for you. You could find me at my home or at the tavern I frequent, eating.

Jdvn1

Bront said:
I think he was thinking of letting you take the elven weapon feat. Not an issue, as you stated before (I didn't think it would be, just wanted to bring them up).
I might be able to find time to visit my FLGS tomorrow or sometime next week to see what the feat is -- could you give me a rundown?

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
I might be able to find time to visit my FLGS tomorrow or sometime next week to see what the feat is -- could you give me a rundown?

It's identical to the halfling one I listed, but with the 3 elven racial weapons (Double Scim, Scim, Falchion). +1 DMG when mounted, all are martial, and some feats appy to all three (Weapon Focus, Specialization, Imp Crit, and greater of any of these). And you can apply the roll of an action die used to attack to damage as well.

It's not bad, but given you're a combo of racial weapons, and you already get the halfling ones as martial, I don't think it works well with your character.

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Since you're a noble, I'd consider you hard to reach, especially in a pinch. I wouldn't go looking for you. You could find me at my home or at the tavern I frequent, eating.

You do know he started and posted already, right? Probably should sort out your start with him, and if I have time after all the rest of the things I wanted to do, I'd look you up.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you posted. And it looks like I'll meet up with you eventualy anyway ;)

Last edited:

sleepystyle

First Post
mega> The rogue's gallery would be a very welcome addition. It will contain only your starting post and one post from each character, nothing else. Then we edit that post as we level up so no one has to search back though the ooc thread to find our original character post. Plus each character is in order one after another for easy reference.

Also I have a question> I was considering trading one of my feats for the Research feat from the ECS. However, I don't want to do that if it will in the end be pretty useless to me. That's a pretty good possibility in the short term since we are heading to Xen d'rik, but then I'll be able to teleport at 8th level so I could make use of it at that point. What do you think? Will there be mysteries, prophecies, puzzles, etc where access to a library could make a difference?

sleepystyle

First Post
Having trouble getting a link to my char in the sig to work properly. Testing here.

If anyone wants to explain feel free. I've tried several different ways and can't seem to get it so that the char name shows and the link stays hidden.

Thanks lonesoldier :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads