• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EBERRON] the Extraordinaries, 'A Terror Awakened, the League Reborn'

Slippshade

First Post
Bale Kell

/// Sharn, midday, Sul , Third Week of Therendor (also known as Therendor 15, the 'Sun's Blessing'), 998YK///

‘Why am I hear?’

'Because I asked you to come.’ The voice was soft, calming almost

‘As if I had a choice.’

‘You always have a choice, you can do what I ask, or we can argue about it and you will still do what I ask.’ If a thought could smile it would have. ‘Am I so bad to have around?’

‘…no...though I still do not know why I am here.’

'Because you are needed… and I asked politely.’

‘Always so cryptic.’

‘I am a woman, of course I am cryptic, though I like to think of myself as mysterious.’

‘You are a sword, Edana’

**Anger and bitter pain**

‘I am sorry.’ Strange though it was, he really did mean it.

**silence**

The door to 111 Melden Tower opened before Bale Kell could answer the silence.

“Good day Master Kell, and welcome to Ja’Korn’s Manor. My name is Phol Rook, if you would please follow me, I will show you to your room.”

Phol Rook was an older gentleman, butler for life by the looks of it. His clothes were immaculate and pressed stiff as a board. A proper man, efficient and disciplined. The type of person Bale would have enjoyed breaking, he represented everything about Breland that Bale had been taught to hate. So secure in his safe tower above the masses of downtrodden creatures of the lower Sharn.

That life seemed so long ago, before Magique’ricera, before Edana, Before the Mournlands. It had been nearly two years to the day that he had stumbled out of the cursed land, clutching Magique’ricera in his hand.

Bale followed Phol up a flight of stairs to one of the manor rooms. The view off the side of Melden Tower was impressive. Airskiffs could be seen flittering to and fro between the towers, there was the hustle and bustle of citizens passing between buildings on enormous pedestrian bridges both above and below. The room was tastefully decorated without being ostentatious. With some surprise Bale noticed that his adventuring gear had somehow been brought to this room without his knowledge.

“You will be meeting your new employer this afternoon. If you have need of anything please ring this bell,” Phol motions towards a tiny golden belt resting on a mahogany end table next to the door, “and I will return.”

Bale did not answer, waiting for the butler to leave.

‘I said I was sorry.’

**silence**

Bale knew he had hurt her feelings.

‘Alright then, we wait.’

/// Sharn, Afternoon, Sul , Third Week of Therendor (also known as Therendor 15, the 'Sun's Blessing'), 998YK///

**knock, knock**

There was a knock at the door.

Apparently Phol Rook had returned as he promised and Bale was waiting for him.

Bale worn an emerald green tunic with silver embroidered trim and slashed sleeves, black leather breeches tucked into black boots and the ancient scabbard and darkblade Magique’ricera belted to his waist. His mithril shirt can be seen glimmering above the v-shaped collar of his tunic and a black cloak lay across his shoulders, its hood pulled back revealing his mass of long, beaded braids of black hair. The emerald shirt almost highlights the slight greenish tinge to his skin.

Without a word Bale followed Phol out of the room. Some of the others were already with the butler as they made there way through the manor picking up all kinds of strange beings before making the decent to the cave they currently occupy.

‘Good, it’s starting.’

‘I thought you weren’t talking to me?’ It was Bale’s turn to be amused.

‘Hush, this is important.’

‘I am sorry.’

‘I know you are dear.’

Bale seats himself when asked, pulling Magique’ricera and its scabbard from his belt to make sitting more comfortable and sets them on the table in front of him, slowly tracing the arcane symbols of the scabbard and hilt with his left index finger. Bale listens to the ugly man called 13 and then to each introduction. When there is an opening he introduces himself. Without taking his eyes from Magique’ricera, still tracing its markings, he says…

“I am Bale Kell, warrior and sorcerer. I have only made one trip to the Mournlands and was lucky to survive. It is a place that changes you.”

‘For the better I hope.’

‘Hush’

(ooc) I hope this isn't too confusing for people, but I was having fun writing it. :) (/ooc)

Last edited:

MatrexsVigil

First Post
(ooc Mozilla won't let me use several of the functions (color among them), so forgive me if my post looks really plain. I plan on using Dark Blue text for Enden when I fix Mozilla. /ooc)

The young man known as Enden was leaning back in his chair, which was the furthest one from Neville, his heavy booted feet up on the table. When he was addressed, he whipped his feet from the table, both his boots and his chair landing on the ground with a loud and heavy thump. His red leather duster fell to his sides without a sound.

His dark green eyes seemed to look through everyone and then finally seemed to focus on the older man. "Endless Fury is no common airship. She is equipped with ballistae, a lightning bombard, and a razor thrower. When in the right hands, these weapons are devastating to enemies in the air as well as on the ground. I plan on installing several more of each weapon along with an assortment of other weapons once I get time."

The way he spoke lead the listener to believe that the right hands were indeed his own and no one else's. Also, upon the word time, his eyes slide towards Thirteen and seemed to narrow, as if he had time before coming here. He then smiled, an odd, vacant smile before continuing. "What talents do the rest of you bring to this group?"

Karl Green

First Post
Sharn, Sul, Third Week of Therendor, midday

13 looks to the last two of those assembled here, who has yet to speak up, saying "Amon, * you have been usually quite this day, now don't be shy, these are your companions now."

*Blue_Genie's unnamed character ;)[/color]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post

Finally 13 smiles "Well that, now that you now know each other*, are there any questions? While time is short and you must be off as soon as possible, I am sure we can spare a few moments."

"Oh who would like the scrolls? And here is the map Neville"

* occ when Ferrix and Blue are ready they can intro themselves and we can just 'pretend' it was before 13. I just want to keep it moving /occ)

Bobitron

Explorer
Fury

Karl Green said:
Finally 13 smiles "Well that, now that you now know each other*, are there any questions?"

"First, are you certain the journal lies in the tower? Second, do our opponents know of its location as well?"

Karl Green

First Post

Fury said:
"First, are you certain the journal lies in the tower? Second, do our opponents know of its location as well?"

Looking at the large warforge 13 spreads out his hand and shrugs "What in life is truly for certain? I believe that the journal is in the tower and all my research has lead me to feel very strongly about this. As for if our enemies are aware of the journal, again I don't think that they are. They have been working to find the pieces for at least two years but not there. So it is saft to assume that they do not"

Ferrix

Explorer
A slightly portly fellow with a developing bald spot and quite the fake combover shifts slightly in his chair and sequentially taps his fingers across the edge of his chair. He coughs, as if he's had a life of excessive drinking and smoking, then a clear smooth voice sifts out through the roughage. "My dear Fury, there is little need to doubt 13 in this matter. Great care," punctuated by a slight pause, "was taken with the orchestration of acquiring such sensitive information."

OOC: Hope you don't mind Karl but getting back into the swing of things at school so it took a bit. Also, I figured Amon might have had some part in such knowledge acquisition and manuevering.

Karl Green

First Post
Amon said:
A slightly portly fellow with a developing bald spot and quite the fake combover shifts slightly in his chair and sequentially taps his fingers across the edge of his chair. He coughs, as if he's had a life of excessive drinking and smoking, then a clear smooth voice sifts out through the roughage. "My dear Fury, there is little need to doubt 13 in this matter. Great care," punctuated by a slight pause, "was taken with the orchestration of acquiring such sensitive information."

13 smiles and nods "Thank you my dear... man. You are indeed correct, but again I stress very few things in this world are absolute."

Ferrix said:
OOC: Hope you don't mind Karl but getting back into the swing of things at school so it took a bit. Also, I figured Amon might have had some part in such knowledge acquisition and manuevering.

(occ no worries I totally understand with lots of stuff going on... I just wanted to try and keep the game going, especially at the begining /occ)

Last edited:

Remove ads