• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EBERRON] the Extraordinaries, 'A Terror Awakened, the League Reborn'

Bobitron

Explorer
Fury

Karl Green said:
"So then, no other questions then?" asks 13 smiling.

"If the situation is as dire as you believe, we should prepare for the journey with haste."

Fury's broad arms swing across in a large arc, gesturing towards the remainder of his new companions.

"If there are any considerations that are unclear, make them known now. Once we are in the land formerly known as Cyre, we will have no contact with the outside world. Our isolation will be complete."

taitzu52

First Post
"That being said," says Neville as he holds up reading spectacles to his eyes, and studys the map, "what arangements have been made upon our arival to Vathirond?" Placing the map on the table, in front of Enden, he places the framed glases back in his shirt pocket and says, "What beasts will suffer the Mournland? I know we travel on foot, but I would hate to simply travel, on foot, my good sirs."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Azreal

13 said:
13 smiles and nods "Thank you my dear... man. You are indeed correct, but again I stress very few things in this world are absolute."

"Really?" Azreal rumbled the half-question, half-denial. The word had many meanings, and Azreal briefly pondered all of them before asking another, more relevant question.

"Equipment and supplies will be provided?" he asked, a slight hopeful tone to his voice.

Slippshade

First Post
Bale Kell

His fingers continue to trace the design on Magique'ricera's scabbard, as if he were running his fingers along a lovers back.

"I will see to the distribution of the scrolls 13."

Bale's eyes never leave Magique'ricera as he speaks

"How are we to know this journal? Do you have a description of it? Maybe even more important, do you know who found this Red Daelkyr Tooth and where they are now?

'Good Questions'

'Thank you, is there anything you would like to know?'

'Me, I'm just a sword'

'You're not going to let that go are you.' It was a statement more than a question.

'No...not yet.'

Bale's finger stops its movement when Neville unrolls the map and listens to what he has to say. His eyes finally breaking from Magique'ricera to observe.

"My trek to the Mournlands was only two days in and we lost all of the mounts before we reached our destination. We would have to carry all of the water and feed for the mounts as there are no water sources and no pastures for grazing. I believe we will have to walk, except maybe for our friend over there."

Bale barely nods in the direction of Azreal.

Bobitron

Explorer
Slippshade said:
"My trek to the Mournlands was only two days in and we lost all of the mounts before we reached our destination. We would have to carry all of the water and feed for the mounts as there are no water sources and no pastures for grazing. I believe we will have to walk, except maybe for our friend over there."

Bale barely nods in the direction of Azreal.

Fury's voice rises from the depths of his chest.

"The warrior Bale is correct. There is no comfort to be found in those lands. Anything we need must be brought in. This includes fuel for creating fires. Trees no longer provide wood for warmth for your races."

taitzu52

First Post
Neville scans the winged man's moved out of the corner of his eye. Gods! What on earth could he possibly need? He flies, does he even eat?, the old traveller thinks to himself.

He continues to look at the map, and nods at the swordsman's words, rubbing his chin. "Hmmm, yes. I imagine we should double the number of beasts and porters that we hire at the border to make the crossing. I figure most won't return, but they never do, really. But we must have enough food and water for our return. Maybe we should triple the head count, or more! There was one time in Talenta, we were procuring a tribal headpiece for a Count....what was his name? Blast! Well, we lost 8 head of oxen to a...." Neville looks back at the map, realizing from the looks around the room that his proposals were grandiose, and his stories unneccissary for this time and place. He folds his arms in front of him and says, "Yes, quite."

MatrexsVigil

First Post
"Why triple everything? Wouldn't it be wiser to downsize the number of people going into this land? If we cannot use my ship, need to walk, and cannot bring a fully prepared army, why bring attention to ourselves?" Enden says this as he runs his finger just above the map, tracing his ship's flight pattern. His dark eyes scan the parchment and seem to drink in the detail down to the smallest line.

Karl Green

First Post
Sharn, Sul, Third Week of Therendor, midday

"That being said," says Neville as he holds up reading spectacles to his eyes, and studys the map, "what arangements have been made upon our arival to Vathirond?" Placing the map on the table, in front of Enden, he places the framed glases back in his shirt pocket and says, "What beasts will suffer the Mournland? I know we travel on foot, but I would hate to simply travel, on foot, my good sirs."

13 says "The only arrangements I have set for you in Vatirond is docking for the Endless-Fury and the all the food and equipment that you might need for a 3-week trek are being loaded onto the Air-Gallon as we speak."

"Most beast-of-burden will no survive long in Mournland. In fact most will refues to enter it at all. However certain Magebreed animals will enter, and I believe House Vadalis has an stable in Vatirond. I will write you a letter or credit that you can purchases two mules. That should be more then enough"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Marcus Calvani, Rogue Demon Hunter

By the Flame...is Rathbone even human? To speak of loss of life so flippantly...

Marcus speaks up, restrained tension and anger clearly showing on his face, "I agree with Enden...we should put as few in danger here as possible. It doesn't seem worth the cost of human life for a simple retrieval mission, however important this object may be. It seems to me not one of us is a weakling, incapable of toting their own supplies. It would be vanity and sloth to hire others to do it, especially considering the conditions."

Karl Green

First Post
Slippshade said:
His fingers continue to trace the design on Magique'ricera's scabbard, as if he were running his fingers along a lovers back.

"I will see to the distribution of the scrolls 13."

Bale's eyes never leave Magique'ricera as he speaks

"How are we to know this journal? Do you have a description of it? Maybe even more important, do you know who found this Red Daelkyr Tooth and where they are now?

13 nods "Excellent questions. First, the journal is bound in red drake leather, with the wizard's mark on the cover. It should looke somthing like this..." as he points to a rune on the map <ЖЉĥ > "It should be visible, or with a simple Read Magic"

"As to your second question, those who have the Red Daelkyr Tooth - the best guess that we have is a sect of the Cult of the Dragon Below who call themselves the Seekers of the Devourer Wyrm . We no almost nothing about them, except that they are crazy"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads