EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

A human with an authoritive look walks boldly into the tavern, Cyric and a new comer continues to beat the half-dragon warrior into submission. It drops the near unconscious shifter to the floor and his arm thumps to the floor next to her. To be safe, Cyric thumps him once more.

The beetles (roughly a dozen) have all been killed or escaped now.

The tavern owner returns with several half-orcs dressed as the law. "What is happening here?"

"These outsiders started a bar brawl in my tavern. I want them out." He looks to see if there is any tavern damage to declare but sees none.

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric kneels down to gently check on the shifter, to try and stabilise her if at all possible. Without looking up at the bartender, he speaks. "Have you sent at all for a healer? Do you not care about the plague that we must prevent? That will turn friend against friend?"

Cyric pointed to the warforged, burnt by dragonfire on the ground, he looks up this time, a calm look he gives his enemies, calculating and deciding, "Furthermore barkeep, you are well aware it was not I who started this. I cannot breath fire like a half-dragon can. A man lies dead, killed by a friend and you accuse us?"

Cyrics eyes bulge in slight excitement "Perhaps it was YOU who summoned the bugs. Would you deny the guards all the facts just to kick out the very people who helped you, only to have all this happen to your precious bar once more? The bugs have spread! You know what, nevermind, enjoy your business while it lasts..."

With that, he gently lifts up the shifter and begins to carry her, he waits for those who would accompany him. "Those we have fought, we must take to a healer."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Rolach du Buergois

human ranger 173x291.jpg

The here-to-fore un-named human opens the door behind him and steps out to get out of the way. Once outside, he says to the one carrying the one not- dragon, "Look, I know a little field medicine. But make no mistake, I am no priest or apothecary."

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric nods. "You are welcome to try, but at any rate, this is clearly not as hospitable a place as i had hoped", he gives the bartender a nasty smile. "I suggest any healing that is conducted is done away from this tavern. I warn you now barkeep, do not again blindly ignore the cause only to try and remove the symptoms, beware..."

Graybeard

Explorer
Breyten d'Denieth

Breyten did not introduce himself immediately. In his line of work it was sometimes advantageous if others knew little or nothing about you. The barkeep had run to him for assistance. From what he could see, it was clear some sort of altercation took place and left a Warforged damaged or destroyed, and a Half-Dragon and a Shifter severely injured. Adventurers can be troublesome.

"It is clear that an altercation took place here. What caused it, who started it, and what is so important about some bugs? Who owns this Warforged? Is it still functional or has it been permanently disabled?"

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken

[section] With the half-dragon stunned, Dairken begins helping the bard drag the shifter to his feet. When the owner arrives with the guards, Dairken steps up, addressing the owner "Oh there you are! Well it appears we have the situation under control, but the crazed adventurer who started all this managed to escape into the night," turning to the guards, "Somebody had better keep a look out for him, he appeared to be infected...diseased perhaps...I wouldn't want him loose out on the docks , could cause an epidemic!"
Glancing back at the owner, "We do apologize for the necessary force involved, it was for the good of the pub and patrons, and ourselves, but here take this as a token of our good will." He reaches into a pouch, produces a small green gem, and offers it to the owner.
[/section]

[sblock=actions]

attempting to [roll=Bluff]1d20+4[/roll]
handing the owner a small emerald worth 100gp

[/sblock]

Dairken Stats

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Rolach du Buergois

Still not sure about this new company, and too tired to argue his case to the guards, the man leaves with the group carrying out the two injured people. once outside he asks, "what about the warforged? is he not a friend? And there might be another tavern over that way. He points toward the next tavern he was going to try if that one had no rooms.

Graybeard

Explorer
Breyten d'Denieth

Breyten eyed the adventurer who offered the gem carefully. The others were leaving, which perhaps was a good idea. He knew not which patrons in here were locals and which were in town to investigate the strange occurrences. The locals might not remain calm if the adventurers decided to stay. Anyone not local would care little about anything unless it involved them of affected them in some way.

"There does not seem to be much damage to your establishment. I suggest you accept the compensation offered and be rid of these troublemakers. Let them be the problem of a competitor. Should you wish, I will investigate these scoundrels and if needed, send them back to where they came from." he suggested to the barkeep.

The lead half-orc eyes the gem being handed to the tavern owner. Clearly he is greedy.

Silenced, the tavern owner walks away from you as you start for the front door.

The half-orcs watch you carefully.

"And this one?" The Tavern owner asks at the destroyed warforged laying on the floor.

"If they don't take him we will." offers the leader of the half-orcs, "we can get money from Cannith for it's parts." and they laugh at their own poor joke.

A few brave people have gathered outside the tavern but are quick to move away from the door when you near it.

[ OOC- "Where too? ]

Remove ads