[Eberron] What Lurks Below (IC)

taitzu52

First Post
"A fine archer, eh?" says Jeth'bar, "Not exactly a distinguishing feature one would see on the street. How did you know this? Speak."

PlotMonster

First Post
Gedward nods to Tykri. "If there are more of them, I don't know how much it would behoof us to stand here while they reorganize or find reinforcements," Gedward says, trying to say this so the disarmed combatant cannot hear.

He loudly clears his throat, saying, "Why don't we discuss this unfortunate man's predicament while walking towards Windshire?"

Krug

Newshound
"Why did he have you dress up as shifters? So that we would get the blame for this cowardly, incompetent ambush?" asks Tykri, her eyes ablaze with fury.

taitzu52

First Post
Jeth'bar soots a glance around the group as they question the man. He thinks, Arrogant fools, we let this happen. It not for the healer, we'd all be eating crow...... Still, he looks around to see if there are any more men waiting in ambush down the road.

P0L

Explorer
The infuriated halfling looks menacingly at the survivor

- Gedward is right, I say we take this ambushing scum, tie his arms up well, and discuss this incident on our way to safety. He can be grateful he still can walk. And we can question him on the road

What I really need is some warm food and wine, and a DRY bed to lie the rest of the night
thinks the tired halfling, feeling the ache of his muscles, exhausted from the fight.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Yes, yes, good idea. Tykri, Jeth'bar, I would guess one of you is good with rope? Maybe you could tie this gentleman up?" Dormon looks at both of them, expectantly.

OOC: I also posted to the out of character thread to ask a question -- I don't know if The Baron has seen it yet since he hasn't replied yet.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
"Yes, yes, good idea. Tykri, Jeth'bar, I would guess one of you is good with rope? Maybe you could tie this gentleman up?" Dormon looks at both of them, expectantly.

(OOC- +3 for the assist. Hey, I'm not a sailor!)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
taitzu52 said:
(OOC- +3 for the assist. Hey, I'm not a sailor!)
OOC: Hey, assist Tykri, not me! He's the one with +7 Use Rope. I'm not going to attempt to take the lead on this.

The Baron

First Post
The prisoner talks in hushed tones as he is tied up. He directs most of his conversation to the ranger.

"Is this really necessary? My family... right across the b-b-border. In the Reeches. They're waiting for me... I do not know my employer's name, b-b-but I think it's pretty obvious by what he did to your f-f-friend that he's a compatent archer. And I wouldn't worry about r-r-reinforcements. You seemed to take care of us pretty g-g-good."

The rest of the walk to windshire passes with incedent. The prisoner relates how he and his crew were hired in the reaches and were asked to work with "no questions asked." Thus, he knows nothing of the reasons for the disguises.

After another hour of trudging through the rain, you reach Windshire. The small Thorp is set into the side of the highest hill in the surrounding area. There's a thick, high wall that appears to keep two large buildings enclosed. The gate house is interesting, however. It stands almost three stories tall, lights flickering through well fortified windows and arrow slits. The portcullis looks like a large gaping mouth, the metal spike its teeth. In the gateway, underneath an everburning torch sits one lone guard. He is huddled underneath the gate, dry and apparently asleep. Little motion appears from inside the courtyard.

Remove ads