D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

hero4hire

Explorer
Cyan put a hand firmly on Barakas's chest to bar the Captain's entry and bent down to examine the entrance way and just within the threshold for booby traps.

Ooc: Whopping perception of +2

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: rolling behind screen....

Cyan notices nothing amiss up to ten feet inside the tunnel leading into the tomb. As she checks the doorway and back of the door she notices an oddity. The knot from a piece of hemp rope sticks out from under the back of the door, the length of the rope unseen under it.

Talin curses to himself when Cyan mentions the rope. So now whoever was on the other end of the note knew someone was in the tomb. Talin glances over at Terry when she speaks.

"My guess is someone who wants to know when people enter this tomb. It might not hurt to see who setup the alarm and why."

Talin looks off in the direction of the rope.

"What do the rest of you think?"

hero4hire

Explorer
"Who puts an alarm on a half open door? Bandits that's Who! We walk in and get trapped inside. I say we ambush them before they ambush us!" Cyan punctuated her statement by drawing her twin short blades.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Terry brandishes her quarterstaff and makes a short incantation (casts shillelagh). "The tomb and its ghost aren't going anywhere. Let's follow the rope, cautiously. It also probably leads to an ambush."

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Excellent, let's say this will be a group skill challenge. Everyone following the rope, please make a Hide check DC 11.
If we get two success before two fails you will be successful.

The rope was covered by the leaves and brush in front of the door. It winds back around the hill slowly rising up from the ground by crude hooks hammered into trees, that are out of sight of the tombs doorway. The rope is slightly taunt and only about a foot of the ground.

Remove ads