D&D 5E EB's Out of My Abysmal Mind - OOC (FULL)

TallIan

Explorer
I've been trying to put Finnan's telepathy in italics rather than quotes to differentiate the two, is that clear enough or is there something else you would rather I do?

Also, are there any restrictions on spell casting? Obviously we don't have a focus so can't cast spells with material components, and somatic could be hindered due to manacles but could we cast purely verbal spells?

EarlyBird

Explorer
I think italics for when Finnan is thinking to himself and bold italics for telepathy would work.

Finnan has been in the cell long enough to know it has some type of magical suppression, when your within the cell. Outside it you could cast verbal only spells with a Deception vs Insight check so no one knows you had cast a spell.

Also you may try to escape the manacles with a STR or DEX DC 20 check. Once per day and others may Help if you wish it. Or someone can break the manacles with a weapon if they do 15hp dmg.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: something has made me think of Jackie Chan's Shanghi Noon prison escape and made me wonder if we could do the same with Kildrak's 5' of silk rope and would any of our character know to do that? Quietly bending the bars will be better than smashing our way our.

https://youtu.be/pzt3zDMBnPw

An excellent idea! Someone needs to suggest it in character!
We would just need to have something to act as the lever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Well, it really depends on how far apart the bars are. The Kuo Toa and the dwarves will never make it through the bars. We do have a halfling that might be easy to slip through the bars. But those bars are also holding Stool in here so they can't be very far apart.

Also, I doubt we have a stick that wouldn't just snap.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The bars would be spread far enough(EDIT: When Jackie Chan'ed) for the small sized characters, which is quite a few. I think that would be a stealth type approach if the group decides on that. Someone sneaking off to get keys and coming back to let the larger folk out.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
An excellent idea! Someone needs to suggest it in character!
We would just need to have something to act as the lever.

I couldn't really think of a reason that Finnan would know that, being a wizard's apprentice would probably focus more on bending bars with magic than physics.

EarlyBird

Explorer
When something like that comes up - just roll an INT or WIS (based on what you feel it may be) and roll with the um.... roll If you roll high then maybe he read something somewhere or saw the trick performed.

Oh, this goes for everyone. Give the dice and your stats a chance to fill in any gaps in your histories things you may have learned or remember - you all are 3rd level had to have had an experience or to before being captured.

Remove ads