D&D General Ed Greenwood column?

Mercador

Adventurer
Hello! With the release of BG3, I've decided to complete my read through of Drizzt books (almost finished The Legacy) and I wonder if I purchase the Sword Coast book for DnD5e (is it good?). I was looking for new guides from Ed Greenwood and I remembered that he got a column on this side of the websphere. Is that stopped? Thanks a lot!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Hello! With the release of BG3, I've decided to complete my read through of Drizzt books (almost finished The Legacy) and I wonder if I purchase the Sword Coast book for DnD5e (is it good?). I was looking for new guides from Ed Greenwood and I remembered that he got a column on this side of the websphere. Is that stopped? Thanks a lot!
Sword Coast is widely considered the worst 5E book.

Ed also has a YouTube channel.

Sword Coast is widely considered the worst 5E book.

Ed also has a YouTube channel.

It was till Spelljammer, even the SCAG didn't leave that many people feeling burned, and angry. At least the SCAG wasn't over priced. Otherwise they suffered from alot of the same problems honestly, too little space and setting content, and some broke mechanics, both had just enough interesting potential to torment the reader with what could have been with a proper page count.

Yeah, I wonder if they'll do a new one for 5.5E... I guess I should try to find History of the Realms instead. There's a nice Drizzt visual history book that released a few months ago but I guess I'll spoil myself too much with that kind of read.

I thanks very likely a 5.5e it was strongly hinted at by Ray Winninger before he left, and so much has happened, I mean 4 FR novels this year alone, several comic books, a new adventure book, some major Planescape crossover stuff, a movie, BG3, just this year alone! That not including a whole bunch of novels, adventures, comic books, 5.5e, errata for the SCAG, etc... Since the SCAG came out. It's time.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I would like more gazeteers than just SCAG. If SCAG had ended up being the first in multiple regional guides for FR, I bet most would not have found SCAG to be bad (I personally like and have used multiple aspects of its content)

And I guess I should ack that ToA had Chult, OoA had the Underdark, IWD had, well, Icewind Dale and the 10 towns, STK had more detail across The North.

But I'd like more about parts south of Baldur's Gate (in addition to Chult) and east of Greypeak Mountains. Basically the rest of Faerun

Ed Greenwood has been putting them out on the Guild; but come on WotC - give us some official sugar!

Remove ads