D&D General Ed Greenwood column?

I would like more gazeteers than just SCAG. If SCAG had ended up being the first in multiple regional guides for FR, I bet most would not have found SCAG to be bad (I personally like and have used multiple aspects of its content)

That what everyone thought after the SCAG and ToA, but it never happened, now they are turning towards a Multiverse approach instead, so it's time for a FRCG type book, so they can mostly move on.

Considering it still sells, I doubt it’s all that widely held a belief.

This I didn’t know about. Bookmarked!

So did Spelljammer, but that doesn't mean they don't know that both products have low customer satisfication compared with all the other setting books like MOoT, EGtW, GMGtR, Strixhaven, E: RftLW, Ravenloft, Hell Witchlight and Radiant Citadel feel like more developed settings.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So did Spelljammer, but that doesn't mean they don't know that both products have low customer satisfication compared with all the other setting books like MOoT, EGtW, GMGtR, Strixhaven, E: RftLW, Ravenloft, Hell Witchlight and Radiant Citadel feel like more developed settings.
You’re making an assumption based on nothing more than the tiny segment of the community you’ve interacted with.

And I guess I should ack that ToA had Chult, OoA had the Underdark, IWD had, well, Icewind Dale and the 10 towns, STK had more detail across The North.

But I'd like more about parts south of Baldur's Gate (in addition to Chult) and east of Greypeak Mountains. Basically the rest of Faerun

Ed Greenwood has been putting them out on the Guild; but come on WotC - give us some official sugar!

The Underdark explores in OoA is concider part of the Swordcoast & the North, as is Icewind Dale.

We only got 1 major excursion outside Sword Coast North to Chult after the none drizzt novels ended (except for Impiltur I think or Damara, one of those appears in Drizzt novels.).

It's past time for the rest of the Realms and they know it, they want to focus more on places outside FR, so it's time to do a FRCG.

Mercador

Adventurer
The best one I've read was The Inner Sea World Guide. I was a bit surprised that the FR 5E guide was only a mere 160 pages, there's so much to say about Forgotten Realms. They could do a series of books with all the data Greenwood and others had created.

Remove ads