And, in between, there are those just
trying to make a living. Some, like
the crew of the smuggling freighter
The Nautolan Star, just want to find
an easy way to make a credit in this
dangerous galaxy they live in….

====================

It started with a chair.

The burly Twi’lek swoop jockey got up just for a few minutes to go get another drink at the bar. He had been drinking with several of his swoop buddies, but hadn’t told anyone not to take it. So when he came back to find it missing, and to find that Stegg Linnek had taken it - not knowing the chair was claimed - the last four shots of Spiced Ryloth Rum the Twi’lek had drunk swelled up the rage inside him. He reached for the nearest object he could find, a serving tray left on a nearby table by the SE4 Service Droid, wound up and smashed the thin metal tray against the back of the unsuspecting Lennik’s head.

“You’re in my chair, runt!” He slurred between hiccups. “And it’s time you got out of it, or I’ll drag you out!”

Stegg Lennik was dazed, still rubbing the pain from the top of his spine, and was unable to do anything just long enough to wear the Twi’lek’s patience thin. As the other swoop riders stood in unity with their drunken friend, Lennik looked across the table at his own backup, hoping they would help him out of the situation he unwittingly put himself in.

The bartender, a frumpy human man, ducked behind the bar screaming, "No blasters! No blasters!"

Lennik’s drinking mates, the trio of Nam Jo, Devan Pearce and Serrah had a quick decision to make. Talk, fight, run, or just watch and see how it all played out.

OOC: So, there we go. A nice, open ended decision to start the game off right. :) Hope you guys are as excited as I am for this! If you have any questions, please ask.

OOC Thread: Click Here

Obsidian Portal: Click Here

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Found some new friends, eh, Stegg?” Serrah remarked, as she pushed her own chair back to stand up.

Spreading her arms out in a non-threatening gesture, hands a good distance away from the heavy blaster pistol hanging leisurely at her hip, the bounty hunter moves between her fellow crewmember and his assailant, trying to push him back a bit and keep him from beating on poor Stegg any further.

“If there is some problem, there are nicer ways to put it for sure. At the very least, you owe him an apology and an explanation as to what is wrong. Let's see if we can settle this like the civilized individuals that we claim to be, please.”

possum

First Post
Devan Pearce shakes his head as the Twi'lek as the serving tray falls to floor after impacting on his crewmates head. He runs a hand through light brown stubble on his cheeks as Serrah attempts to calm the situation down. To the hells with that," the slightly inebriated scoundrel thinks. He raises his hands in a mock gesture of attempting to calm everyone down before quickly snapping his head forward at jockey to the Twi'lek's right.

Insight

Adventurer
Nam Jo sits back, watching the fight play out. Not a brawler by any means, the devaronian does, of course, have his right hand on his DL44 heavy blaster pistol, kept under the table for now. Nam is content to leave his blaster holstered -- for now.

After all, it simply wouldn't do to have Nam and his crew injured before their trip to rendezvous with the smuggler lord, Icaron. The old smuggler, known to have a thing for appearances, would not like to see Nam and his crew all bruised up.

"Easy now," Nam says. "Not in the face."

d2OKC

Explorer
"Let's see if we can settle this like the civilized individuals that we claim to be, please.”

Serrah's plea fell on dead ears, as her own crewmember lunged forward to tackle the drunk Twi'lek. Perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps it was a lack of a good bar fight in a while, but Devan was ready for action.

"Easy now. Not in the face."

The goon on the Twi'lek's right, an Aqualish, spun to avoid Devan's advance.

The other goon, a human, took a step toward Serrah, not attacking, but trying to keep her from entering the brawl, while the Twi'lek took a step back and laughed, then retrieved the tray again and made another move towards Stegg.

OOC: OK, I misread possum's post, so I edited this a bit. The human is simply trying to run interference on Serrah, while the Aqualish tangles with Devan. Stegg is outmatched here if the Twi'lek is able to get to him, especially as dazed as he is.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Great, Devan, just great...” Serrah mumbles under her breath, turning towards the scoundrel as she does so.

Then, the woman suddenly leaps up, using the momentum gained from the twist of her body to kick the guy who wants to keep her away from the Twi'lek right into the chest with her full strength, hoping to drop him to the floor or at least stagger him enough to get close to the tablet-wielding drunk and thus prevent him from further beating on Stegg.

possum

First Post
"Oh, but ain't this fun," Devan says with a slight grin as he's barely able to hear Serrah's complaint.

"Man, I really thought that would have worked..." he grumbles as his headbutt is dodged with a push. "This might!" he adds as he sends a fist aimed towards the gut of the Aqualish.

d2OKC

Explorer
As Devan and Serrah launched into action, trying to keep their crewmembers safe, Stegg Lennik dove under the table, covering his head, away from his assailant. The Twi'lek's laughter filled the room.

"Hahaha! Yes, hide from Scotia Ven! Once I've finished off your friends, I'm coming for you, puny one." He peered around quickly to find both of his companions tangled up, and turned his attention to the only target left: Nam Jo.

"Don't think you're getting out of this so easy, horned one."

Meanwhile, the human grunt took the full brunt of Serrah's kick. Her foot thumped against his sternum, dropping him like a pile of stones. He made a small gurgle and then passed out.

The Aqualish was proving much tougher for Devan, however. With another deft sidestep, he laughed and sent a webbed fist flying at the face of the human.

The cantina patrons began gathering around, excited that a fight was going down. The bartender in the background continued to shout for order, and could be vaguely heard shouting orders to a droid over the din of the fight.

"Blasted droid, get the authorities in here now!"

OOC: Aqualish Brawling Parry: 29
Aqualish Brawling: 9
Human Brawling Parry: 9

That exploder is killer. The Aqualish is as suprised as anyone at his good luck so far.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"Oh shavit..." Devan curses as his punch is easily caught by the Aqualish. "I'm sorry we haven't met, I'm..." The smuggler gives a cry of surprise as his captor drops his fist and rears back with his own.

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

With her opponent having hit the ground, Serrah is free to concentrate on their Twi'lek leader now, Scotia Ven.

Since he still has his improvised weapon in hand, the bounty hunter decides that it is time to balance the scales.

She quickly approaches him and tries to knock the tray out of his hands.

Remove ads