• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edge of Space [WEG Star Wars]

possum

First Post
"Need a little help here," Devan says to Nam Jo as he blocks the Aqualish's punch and responds with a knee aimed towards the midsection of his foe.

d2OKC

Explorer
Devan avoided the punch of the Aqualish, who cursed in his own tongue as the human ducked and then brought a knee up hard toward his gut. Devan connected perfectly and the thug doubled over in pain at the human's feet, gasping for air.

"Need a little help here," the spacer muttered toward his Devaronian crewmember.

Meanwhile, Serrah shot a blow out toward the tray being held by Scotia Ven. Not only was she able to knock it out of his hands, but it actually hit him in the face when she did so, causing him to step back and clutch an eye in pain.

"Oh, you will pay for that, woman," he threatened, and he reached down for his blaster pistol.

OOC:
Aqualish Brawling Parry: 12
Twi'lek Brawling Parry: 10 (with complication!)

So, this time the Wild Die fails me...

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
To this point, Nam Jo was content to merely be an observer. When he sees the twi'lek go for the blaster, however, the devaronian intervenes. Quick as a vornskr, Nam Jo unholsters his DL44 heavy blaster pistol, stands, and fires at the twi'lek.

"No one fires on my crew," Nam says.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

Serrah's eyes were following the Twi'lek's hands as they went for his blaster.

The bounty hunter had her right hand sitting on the grip of her own blaster pistol by then, giving him a 'is that really what you want?'-gaze, as a blaster bolt shoots past her already, fired from Nam's weapon.

Not wanting to kill the drunken guy, Serrah waits for now, ready to get a jump on him, if he insists.

possum

First Post
"This is going to get complicated..." Devan mutters as Nam fires a shot at the Twi'lek. He knows that the being went for a blaster first, but firing first always looked bad to officials despite what anyone who actually saw it would have thought.

He throws a punch to the bent-over Aqualish's face, hoping to end the fight quickly so they could escape quickly.

d2OKC

Explorer
"No one fires on my crew."

The air burned as the blaster bolt flew across the table from Nam Jo's DL-44 at the Twi'lek. The crimson blast hit the ruffian square in the left arm, knocked him back off his feet and left a black, burning patch on his blue flesh.

"You're going to regret that, devil. As soon... as I can... get up." He took a few deep breaths, and tried to balance himself to stand.

Serrah stood and watched, prepared for anything.

"This is going to get complicated..." Devan murmured as he punched out his opponent. The Aqualish fell to a heap on the ground, unmoving.

The patrons of the cantina were shocked that it had devolved to blaster fire, and the bartender started screaming at anyone nearby, though no one seemed very willing to tangle with the crew of the Nautolan Star.

"Where are those troopers? We need order in here now! Somebody stop them!"

OOC: Aqualish Brawling Parry: 1
Twi'lek Dodge: 16
Twi'lek Strength: 11

OOC Thread: Click Here
Obsidian Portal: Click Here

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Enough!” Serrah calls out.

“Stop this before it escalates any further. Mister Ven, your friends are down and you won't be much of an obstacle either, if you insist to continue. Grab that last bit of sense you might have inside you and stop it now.”

To the captain and her crewmates, the bounty hunter also says: “We should leave...”

d2OKC

Explorer
"Grab that last bit of sense you might have inside you and stop it now.”

The bulky Twi'lek slowly stood, holding his left arm where it had been burned by Nam Jo's blaster and squinted at the bounty hunter through his newly blackened eye, courtesy of Serrah's tray maneuver. He spit black blood on the ground in front of him.

"Yeah, I'll go. But this isn't over. You got me tonight because of the Rum, but next time is going to be different." He nodded to the Devaronian. "And next time, we'll see if you're so quick on the draw against someone with two good eyes."

He kicked at his companions to get up and started to slowly make his way through the crowd, cursing in Huttese while his lekku twitched madly with emotion.

Surveying the mess, Serrah came to an easy solution: “We should leave...”

"I'm starting to agree with you," Devan nodded as Stegg Lennik came crawling out from under the table.

"Thanks, you three. I'd be toast if it wasn't for --" He was cut off by the chime of the comm on Nam Jo's belt.

"No time for pleasantries, Master Lennik." The dead-pan voice of the medical droid ZED chimed in from back on The Nautolan Star. "Mistress Quin picked up some chatter on the local feeds. There are stormtroopers headed your way, with your descriptions. I suggest returning to the ship as soon as possible. You do not want to be there when the Imperials arrive."

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Typical... not that we have done anything wrong. But what do they care...” Serrah remarks, as she readies herself to head out.

Remove ads