Edge of Space [WEG Star Wars]

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

Serrah wasn't much use with the ship, so the bounty hunter just sat down somewhere to not be in the way, watching from her position how the events unfold.

At the incoming transmission, her interest is peaked, of course.

Uh, oh, that can't be good...

d2OKC

Explorer
"Nautolan Star, this is the Star Destroyer Vigilant. Please respond."

"Odd," said Quin over the comm. "That's an Imperial Star Destroyer. They don't normally wait for you to respond before making demands. Especially if they're looking for you. They may not be trying to get us for that fight afterall. If you think about it--"

"Captain Nam Jo, please respond. This is Flight Officer Tens of the Star Destroyer Vigilant. Please respond."

"--why would they come after us for beating up a few lousy swoop jocks? That's barely enough to warrant the local authorities coming after us. Let alone the Imperial Governer's flagship."

"I say let's get out of here." Stegg disagreed. "If they don't want us for the fight, they can get in touch with us when we get back from our job."

OOC: OOC Thread: Click Here
Obsidian Portal: Click Here

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Well, there is no harm in hearing what they have to say. At the very least it will give us more information about what is going on,” Serrah figures.

possum

First Post
"I gotta agree with Quin here," Devan says as he looks up from the computer console. "If they really wanted us dead, they'd have shot us up by now. It'd be easy since I still can't work my way around this thing."

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: How long before the Nautolan Star can jump to lightspeed?

"Star Destroyer Vigilant, this is the Nautolan Star," Nam says over the com. "Please acknowledge."

Nam has no interest in staying any longer than it takes for the navcomputer to make the hyperspace calculations. He keeps looking over at the countdown, waiting for the moment to engage the hyperdrive engines.

d2OKC

Explorer
"Captain Jo, this is Flight Officer Tens. Governer Andross would like to have a word with you and your crew, in person."

The navcomputer began to count down from ten.

10... 9... 8...

"We would like the Nautolan Star to dock with us ventrally. This matter should only take a few minutes of your time. Governer Andross would hate to see you noticeably off your regular schedule, if it can be avoided."

7... 6...

OOC: It will only take the navcomputer a few more seconds. Essentially, one more post on my part. It appears the weapons systems on the Vigilant are powered down, other than the regular running systems - they're not prepared to fire on your ship unless you provoke them. It appears to be a friendly visit from the Imperials - if you believe such a thing to exist, that is.

Insight

Adventurer
"I really think running's a bad idea," is all that Devan can say in such a short time.

Nam Jo takes his finger off the hyperdrive engage switch. "You may be right," he says. "All hands, we are to dock with the Vigilant."

The devaronian engages the com. "Star Destroyer Vigilant, this is the Nautolan Star. We acknowledge and comply." With that, Nam Jo begins to pilot the smuggler's ship towards the indicated point on the imperial vessel.

He looks to the others in the cockpit. "I hope I don't regret this."

d2OKC

Explorer
"Copy, Nautolan Star. We'll see you in a few minutes."

As Nam Jo piloted his vessel towards the Imperial Star Destroyer, the Vigilant's tractor beams gently grabbed hold and guided it softly into the ventral docking bay. The Imperial warship dwarfed the Ghtroc freighter in every way, making the Star look like a needlegnat on a bantha.

The docking bay doors closed underneath the freighter, forming a landing platform. The ship was lowered onto it and as soon as atmosphere was pumped into the bay, a crew of techs rushed forward to hook up fuel pumps and diagnostic scanners.

The boarding ramp lowered and a squad of Stormtroopers stood at alert at the foot of it as the crew made their way into the docking bay. Standing in the middle of the squad was a soldier with the insignia of a Major, helmetless, extending a hand in welcome to Nam Jo and the rest of the crew.

"Greetings, I am Major Rask. Thank you for accepting our invitation, Captain Jo. I assure you this will take no time at all. Please, if you will follow me I can take you directly to the Governor."

Major Rask was a handsome man. He had long, black hair pulled back behind his head. He also had a large scar running from the corner of his mouth just underneath his right eye, as if it was slashed open with a vibroblade and cauterized shut. He walked with the gait of a professional soldier, as if he had been doing so his entire life.

He led the crew through a twisting corridor to a bank of turbolifts. While they waited for one to arrive, he turned to the guests and smiled.

"Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them."

Last edited:

Remove ads