Edge of Space [WEG Star Wars]

Insight

Adventurer
Andross nodded understandingly.

"I assure you, Captain. If you choose to work with us, there will be no way anyone would ever know."

The Governor smiled.

"Anything else?"

"That sounds agreeable," Nam Jo replies. "What exactly do you need the Nautolan Star to do?"

d2OKC

Explorer
"Business as usual captain. Business as usual. The Major will fill you in on the details."

"Yes, sir." Rask acknowledge. "Follow me please, Captain Jo."

The Major led the crew out of the Governor's office and back to the turbolift bank. He pressed a button, and as he waited he began explaining the situation.

"The Governor doesn't need you to do anything out of the ordinary, in fact, that would be counterproductive. We just want you to continue doing your job with Mr. Rend as you normally would, and if he ever sends you, or someone else in the organization you know, to meet with the Rebels, just get in contact with us." He handed a datacard to ZED, much in the same manner that Maeko Blite had done only a few hours beforehand, and the turbolift reached its destination.

Once the Major and the Star's crew reached the docking bay, he stopped.

"This is where I'll leave you." He looked at his datapad. "The tech crew found no abnormalities, so you'll be free to go as soon as you wish. Have a safe flight."

The Major nodded and walked off. As you climbed the ramp, Quin looked at Nam Jo, surprised.

"We'll be ready to go in just a few monutes. Are you really sure you want to do this, boss?"

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

Serrah listened to what was being said. She wasn't exactly happy about the proposal, but there was little choice than to accept it. At least it wouldn't interfere with their current work... yet. The big question was, what would happen, once they actually found what the Governor was looking for... and there were still her suspicions about that tech that has scrutinized their ship. Serrah is sure, that they have installed tracking devices or something else.

A little paranoid, she doesn't want to say it openly, so the bounty hunter grabs a datapad and writes it down, showing it to the other crewmembers.

Surely, they havn't just checked the ship for 'abnormalities'. I believe they installed some tracking beacons or other surveillance equipment here. We should take a look for it, carefully, once we are far enough away.

possum

First Post
Devan reads Serrah's note on the datapad and nods. "Well," he says. "I suppose it's on to our next destination?" He pauses slightly, unaware on what to do if potentially watched by hidden surveilance.

Insight

Adventurer
Nam Jo silently walks to the Nautolan Star and then turns to look at the assembled crew. He whispers, "Look, I don't like this idea better than any of the rest of you. I have no love for the rebellion, but... I don't like being watched."

He begins to ascend the gangplank. "Let's go inside."

Once inside the ship, the captain gathers the crew in the "community area". "First, we need to sweep the ship for transponders, beacons, and other sorts of bugs. Do NOT remove them, though. I don't want the Empire knowing that we're on to them. We will need to figure a way to blind these bugs without directly removing or tampering with them."

He heads towards the cockpit. "Once we've done that, I guess we'll head out."

possum

First Post
"I could do a basic sweep of the area, check all the areas that any surveillance should obviously be. And then those that they shouldn't..." Devan volunteers. "I don't know how smart or tricky this governor is, but better safe than sorry."

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

“Well, I am not the most knowledgable about these things, but I will take a look as well, maybe I can find something that looks suspicious?” Serrah offers.

“So, what are we waiting for? Let's get to work!”

possum

First Post
Devan nods and heads throughout the freighter, searching for bugs and tracking devices in obvious and obscure places.

d2OKC

Explorer
The crew fanned out through the Nautolan Star to look for any surprises left behind by the Imperials, and sure enough, there were several to find. Devan found one just underneath the main core of the ship, in a particularly difficult spot to see or reach without the assistance of ZED and his medical tools, and another in the waste disposal tank in the refresher unit. The droid hinted there was probably one left on the outside of the ship as well, but it would be difficult to search for it without getting out and crawling around on the hull, to which both he and Quin volunteered to do once they reached their next berth.

"That all then?" Stegg asked over the comms. "I've got this girl all ready for flight captain, take her on out whenever you're ready."

Insight

Adventurer
"That all then?" Stegg asked over the comms. "I've got this girl all ready for flight captain, take her on out whenever you're ready."

Nam Jo sits in his usual captain's chair in the cockpit of the Nautolan Star. "Let's go," he says, engaging the instruments.

Remove ads