Edge of Space [WEG Star Wars]

possum

First Post
Devan Pearce stands alert when the Imperials arrive on the ship and follows the rest of the crew as they travel through the hallways of the Vigilant. Along the way, he looks around somewhat curiously. He's never seen the interior of a ship this large and the nervousness of being so near the Imperials themselves makes him a little on edge. He says nothing, preferring for those with a little better diplomatic tone take lead when it comes to talking. At least for now.

Insight

Adventurer
"Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them."

"I do have a question," Nam says. "We're been pretty careful to steer clear of any Imperial entanglements... no offense..." He watches the turbolift indicator. "How do you know of us?"

d2OKC

Explorer
"No offense taken, Captain Jo, I assure you."

Major Rask scratched his chin, as if he were getting ready to say something delicate, and wanted to make sure he picked exactly the right words.

"Your employer, Mr. Rend, is one that the Governor watches very closely, for reasons you probably understand. Therefore, we have made it our priority to know those who work with him. In fact, he is the topic Governor Andross wishes to discuss with you, if I am not mistaken."

He did not seem completely satisfied with that answer, but left it at that. As the turbolift opened before the crew, he ushered them in, pressed a button to take them up to the bridge level, and raised an eyebrow.

"Anything else as we ascend?"

OOC: You guys don't need to reply if you don't have any questions for him. I just thought I'd give you the opportunity if you wanted it. I'll put up something new in the morning, regardless of questions for the Major.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

Serrah considers it best to play along, too. Since the Imperials so far have given them no reason to not believe what has been offered, they could simply take them now, if they wanted to, it is probably best to keep it that way.

When the talk mentions the crimelord, however, she gets the feeling that they will soon end up sitting on the fence, so to say.

d2OKC

Explorer
The turbolift ascended in silence.

When the doors slid open again the crew found themselves in a corridor nearly identical to the one they just left. This time, however, there were a dozen Stormtroopers lining the hall, blaster rifles at the ready.

"Cannot be too careful, can we?" The Major shrugged.

He led Nam Jo and his crew down the hallway to a set of double doors, and passed a hand in front of a sensor on the right side. It beeped and he announced himself.

"Major Rask with the crew of the Nautolan Star for Governor Andross."

The doors slid open to reveal a spacious office, made even more so by the spartan use of furniture and decoration. There were two simple chairs on the near side of the plasteel desk that served as the only usable furniture for guests. There was a single, padded chair on the far side turned towards an enormous viewport which had an amazing view of the planet Thessp below. The only decoration, if it could be called that, was the right wall of the room, which was adorned with weapons from all across the galaxy.

Just a quick glance at the wall revealed a gaffi stick, a Gungan atlatl, a long shocking rod of some kind, and a small cylindrical object - almost the size of a glowrod - which was prominently displayed in the center of the arrangement, as if it were the crowning achievement of the trophies.

Before the crew was able to puzzle over the weapons too long, the chair behind the desk swung around, revealing the familair face of Imperial Governor Andross. The crew were familiar with him, as he made every attempt at being a visible presense on Thessp, but something about seeing him up close made him seem more human.

He was not quite as tall as the posters made him to look, nor was he as muscular. On all accounts, he looked like a perfectly normal man. His head was bald and his bright blue eyes burned with intelligence. His uniform was crisp and perfect. He smiled as he swiveled around.

"Ah, thank you, Major." He said in the manner only Imperial officers had perfected. "I'm afraid there are only two seats, but I will not be offended if you do not take them. I understand this is somewhat of an inconvenience for you."

He stood and began pacing around the desk. As he did so, two Stormtroopers marched into the room and took up position of either side of the double doors as they closed shut.

"It is not locked, and you may leave any time you like. The troopers are simply standard procedure."

He extended his hand in welcome.

"I will not waste any more of your time. I wanted to speak with you today about your employer, Oro Rend. His sympathies for the Alliance are well known, and it will not do for him to continue to foment feelings of anarchy and rebellion under my watch. I was hoping I could count on you and your crew, Captain Jo, to help me out in that regard."

Last edited:

d2OKC

Explorer
The Governor shrugged.

"Admittedly, I expected a bit more of a reaction from you."

Andross paced back behind his desk and took a seat, punching something into the console in front of him. A holographic projection of a planet came up, showing a large brown planet.

"This is the world of Mersal. It's a world made up mostly of large canyons and steppes with some of the largest and fastest moving rivers in the galaxy. It is also home to a Rebel Alliance outpost."

The projection spun a bit on its axis, rotating and enlarging to show the crew a specific spot on the southern hemisphere of Mersal. The spot was circled with a blue ring, and an indicator came up labeling it Aurek Base.

"This is where we believe they are located. We also believe your boss plans on smuggling goods into this base some time very soon. We don't want you to stop it, or anything like that, just to inform us, and let us know when the shipment is planned to go through. If you ever even learn about it, of course."

The Governer gave a sly smile after this last statement, almost a wink.

"No need to answer now. Think things over. The Empire would be a great ally to have, and a dangerous enemy. I'm sure you're aware of that, however."

He stood back up and addressed the Major.

"Major, make sure their ship is fully refueled, and do not let them leave until the diagnostic scans have been completed. If there are any anomalies, please repair them as quick as possible."

This was a clear dismissal.

"Thank you for your time. I hope we didn't put you too far off schedule."

OOC: OOC Thread: Click Here
Obsidian Portal Site: Click Here

Insight

Adventurer
"No need to answer now. Think things over. The Empire would be a great ally to have, and a dangerous enemy. I'm sure you're aware of that, however."

He stood back up and addressed the Major.

"Major, make sure their ship is fully refueled, and do not let them leave until the diagnostic scans have been completed. If there are any anomalies, please repair them as quick as possible."

This was a clear dismissal.

"Thank you for your time. I hope we didn't put you too far off schedule."

Nam Jo half-turns and stops. He turns back towards the Governor. "Suppose we agree to aid the Empire," the devaronian pilot says while keeping an eye on the reactions of the crew. "You do understand, I hope, that it puts the Nautolan Star in a difficult position with our... usual allies." The captain turns fully towards the Governor. "I get where you're coming from, and I see where this agreement benefits both of us. But I need to be sure that we are not associated... publicly."

Thanee

First Post
Serrah

Serrah just stands and listens. There wasn't much to argue about and they were not in a position to argue about it, anyways. Either they would help him, or he would not be so friendly the next time they met. It was a threat, even though wrapped up in some subtleties.

They would have to figure what to do once they were back on the ship (and got rid of everything the "repair crew" had installed in their ship in the meantime).

possum

First Post
Devan also remains silent while the captain makes his decision. Whatever the final answer is, he'll go along with it, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have reservations about working for the Empire. He stands there, doing his best to keep a stoic face on.

d2OKC

Explorer
Andross nodded understandingly.

"I assure you, Captain. If you choose to work with us, there will be no way anyone would ever know."

The Governor smiled.

"Anything else?"

Remove ads