• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E Edition Experience - Did/Do you Play AD&D 2E? How Was/Is It?

How Did/Do You Feel About 2nd Edition AD&D?

• I'm playing it right now; I'll have to let you know later.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm playing it right now and so far, I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

I ran a few games in those eras and a whole campaign set during the Crusades with the Green Books
never did a whole campaign, but I did do a couple of one shot Viking ones; one, where they went to England and fought the Black Worm of the Barrow to get some magical doodad, and another where they went to Long Island in pursuit of a renegade who had taken refuge with a tribe of Skraelings led by a verbeeg war-chief...

jgsugden

Legend
Not very efficient choices - My choice should be: Played it, loved it at the time, would never consider going back because there are much better options now.

Yonner

Explorer
We switched to 2nd edition as soon as it came out and loved it. It felt like a cleaned up version of the rules.
We played it well into the late 90's, though in later years it was far less often.

I wanted to run a campaign using the Viking green book for years, but never got it going before 3e came along. That's still one of my big campaign regrets.

never did a whole campaign, but I did do a couple of one shot Viking ones; one, where they went to England and fought the Black Worm of the Barrow to get some magical doodad, and another where they went to Long Island in pursuit of a renegade who had taken refuge with a tribe of Skraelings led by a verbeeg war-chief...

My original 2e PHB:

1586370070799.png

The DMG and screen are in much worse shape. They were very well-loved and used.

I love reading everyone's stories about playing these old editions...books that were so loved and well-used that they were falling apart and tacked together with duct tape, dice that had been rolled so much the corners were worn off, long nights with old friends...

Keep those stories coming, ya'll.

R_J_K75

Legend
I wanted to run a campaign using the Viking green book for years, but never got it going before 3e came along. That's still one of my big campaign regrets.

My original 2e PHB:

View attachment 120745

The DMG and screen are in much worse shape. They were very well-loved and used.

I see your players handbook and raise you everything but the revised DMG. I kept my loose leaf Monstrous Compendiums in vinyl sheet protectors.

2E Books.jpg

Remove ads