• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Electronic copies of Dragon and Polyhedron now available from Archive.org

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This news via RPGGeek (in turn via Reddit).

The Internet Archive has added scans of all print Dragon magazines and nearly all issues of Polyhedron Newszine to their archive.

Yes, you read that right -- every print issue of Dragon and nearly every print issue of Polyhedron available for free download in PDF, Kindle and DjVu formats!

Edit: Links removed pending confirmation that Archive.org's magazine archive is legal.

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
That's... incredible. Unbelievable. Awesome.

And I know it's horrible and ungrateful of me, but... I hope Dungeon magazine gets the same treatment soon! :)

Yeah they are at a certain age, ie old ones. Is there some sort of copyright limitations on magazines due to age in the US?

As an aside Dragon Mag 360 was the first electronic WotC mag, but issues 360,1,2 and 3 are not available on the website to download with a DDi sub. Anyone know why the first one available is 364 not 360?

Yeah they are at a certain age, ie old ones. Is there some sort of copyright limitations on magazines due to age in the US?

As an aside Dragon Mag 360 was the first electronic WotC mag, but issues 360,1,2 and 3 are not available on the website to download with a DDi sub. Anyone know why the first one available is 364 not 360?

davidgiven

First Post
I started a similar conversation on the WotC community & it was taken down by moderators [a first for me-feel like I am officially in some rebel club]...I opened a ticket for clarification and got:
Without looking at the specific situation, I can say that directing people to get copyrighted materials at a third party site is typically against our Code of Conduct, except in special circumstances.

which I assume means I am violating rule #4:

4. Do not promote, plan, glorify or engage in any illegal activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense. These topics include crimes relating to drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, and copyright violation.

I have asked for clarification...in the mean time...GOLD.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, it's sort of like Youtube and Google books and even that Sribd thing. People put up copies of stuff and if the author objects, they have to file a complaint to get it taken down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads