Elemental Hero' Handbook

generalchaos34

First Post
Runepirests are divine. Unless you think they would re-do it as an elemental class, I'm not sure it would be in this.

Yeah, but they have already established in several articles that Runes are just as applicable to raising primordials and boosting powers of an elemental nature. In fact theres a power swap they added to one that lets you swap healing rune with an elemental DR ability (it sucks). So i would venture to say that the "divine" runes of creation may even be universal in nature, since they are evidenced to be used by servants of Primordials as they are being used by servants of the divine.

Incenjucar

Legend
It would actually be interesting to see Runepriests become a universal class much like the wizard is, if only for the sake of not-wizards-again.

Mengu

First Post
The PP of course would be Abominable Snowman.

epic-snowman-21.jpg

Neverfate

First Post
The Ice Archon player class. Striker role. You start with 12 + con surges. Your surge value is halved! It's dynamic!

You have vulnerable 5 fire. If fire damage reduces you to 0 HP you're immediately destroyed . . . unless you're wearing a heavy cloak!

Your striker mechanic is based around creating a wall/zone one round that does Secondary modifier cold damage. This is a standard. Next round you'll be able to do 1d6+primary that slides 2 into the wall/zone.

One of the designers saw a striker do Nova damage one time with a vampire. Didn't like it. Thought it was overpowered. He wanted to take strikers in a better direction by spreading there damage over rounds.

generalchaos34

First Post
It would actually be interesting to see Runepriests become a universal class much like the wizard is, if only for the sake of not-wizards-again.

I agree, the nature of the class lets you drop into it very easily, all you have to do is add a new runestate! From there you just need to create new powers that used certain combinations of runestates, possibly with one of the new runestates and either protection or destruction as the 2nd choice, keeping it usable by the original class builds while also supporting the new build. You could have elemental runes, shadow runes, astral runes, hell, even aberrant runes! everyone seems to have runes for good or ill, they should capitalize on it. Plus you could have special race specific runes for those rune inclined races (not limited to that races use, but keeping in the style of the race) so you would have dwarf runes that grant protection, eladrin runes that grant mobility, etc.

Also, you could have something similar to the articficers infusions, where you give a one time damage burst/bonus when a weapon is used (and the rune is expended) or something they could draw on the characters that last until used (with a daily limit on how many can be maintained) such as a high jump, temporary flight (higher tiers), interrupt for Temp HP, etc.

Last edited:

I could see a rebuild of the Sorcerer as an elemental E-class. I'm kind of skeptical about much in that direction happening with the Runepriest. It is just such a fiddly class. I'm pretty convinced fiddly classes are not in favor these days...

I think instead of speculating though, I'll just wait and see. Not super sure I'm seeing a huge need for elemental stuff myself. Seems like the concepts that would really go with it have been rather mined out already.

generalchaos34

First Post
I could see a rebuild of the Sorcerer as an elemental E-class. I'm kind of skeptical about much in that direction happening with the Runepriest. It is just such a fiddly class. I'm pretty convinced fiddly classes are not in favor these days...

I think instead of speculating though, I'll just wait and see. Not super sure I'm seeing a huge need for elemental stuff myself. Seems like the concepts that would really go with it have been rather mined out already.

I just think that runepriest has the potential to easily be part of almost all the power sources based on the variable nature of its runes, and it has the best potential to be a powerful utility class if you could inscribe runes to give some sort of power boost to your party

Remove ads