Elements of Magic: Revised -- free patch available!

Phaedrus

First Post
First, thank you for the patch.

But any chance of a separate listing of the changes for those of us that already printed the initial release? I'll print it again if I have to, but ink ain't free and I don't mind writing in the margins...

drow

Explorer
Morrus said:
If you're one of the enlightened people who purchased a copy of EN Publishing's Elements of Magic: Revised, you'll be delighted to hear that there is now a free patch available for the PDF file. The patch adds hyperlinks/bookmarks and fixes a few small errors.

is there any way for those of us who purchased EoMr but don't own a PC and can't run the patch .exe to get a patched copy of the PDF?

The errata that was updated in the patch is relatively minor. It was mostly just adding embedded links and such. But the text of the revision is in this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86695

As for sending out a patch to Mac users, I'm pretty sure that if you've purchased a book from RPGNow, you can download it again rather easily. I'll make sure that Russ updated the file that's on sale, and once he has, you should just be able to download the updated version.

drow

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
As for sending out a patch to Mac users, I'm pretty sure that if you've purchased a book from RPGNow, you can download it again rather easily. I'll make sure that Russ updated the file that's on sale, and once he has, you should just be able to download the updated version.
ah, most excellent. thanks! :)

We had no plans to release a patch for the black and white file. There are, like, 2 actual text changes in the revision; most of it is putting in imbedded links. If there's more interest, though, I can talk to our layout guy. Right now I think he's more interested about starting work on Lyceian Arcana, though.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Vaxalon said:
Will there be a patch for the black and white file?
The patch actually does make the text changes from the "Errata" thread in the black and white file (at least, it's supposed to), but it does not add hyperlinks or bookmarks. If you followed the directions in the readme file, you *should* have an updated B&W. One way to quickly check is to go to page 79 and see if the first lines say "element or creature type" (unpatched) or "element type" (patched).

Marius Delphus said:
The patch actually does make the text changes from the "Errata" thread in the black and white file (at least, it's supposed to), but it does not add hyperlinks or bookmarks. If you followed the directions in the readme file, you *should* have an updated B&W. One way to quickly check is to go to page 79 and see if the first lines say "element or creature type" (unpatched) or "element type" (patched).

Oh. Apparently I need to pay more attention to what revisions we give out. Oops. Thanks for clearing that up.

In your sig, it says you worked on Management Material. That's a great game. I played it at Origins, and it was one of the highlights. That's very cool.

Remove ads