Elven Language / how to say love in elven?

Noldor Elf

First Post
But one can always do as Viggo Mortensen in LOTR and use danish instead of qyenya or sindarin when saying "I love you" -> "Jag älskar dig" (this is swedish, which is allmost the same)

ruleslawyer

So, Noldor Elf: How close is Quenya to Finnish exactly? I've heard that there are pretty strong similarities.

Does anyone out there actually speak a mythical language when talking to their significant other? That just intrigues me...

Tsyr

Explorer
Tewligan said:

"Always?" I can't help but wonder how often the need to express love in the elvish tongue comes up in your daily life...

Since I play an elf... oh... 1/3 of the time or so when I play characters, and I tend to occasionaly say things in elven for the fun of it...

Plus the fact that I've occasionaly made handouts for players in elven, as a DM...

And I used it twice in a poem I wrote my current girlfriend...

*shrug*

:)

-Warlord-

First Post
Yep, quenya is the fantasy equivalent of french.

I use "anvanya", meaning "most beautiful" for a very close friend of mine.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Suldulin said:

could see using it as a replacement for 'using' french with a girlfriend, wife, spouse, significant other, etc. . .

Thanks to the recent Addam's Family posts, now I can see Gomez going "Morticia! You spoke Elvish! *smooch * smooch * smooch * smooch * smooch *"

Thanee

First Post
What has Quenya to do with D&D elvish?

Sure Quenya has the advantage of being an actual complete language, but still...

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads