• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elysium Squad OOC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
No, you didn't actually. That paly/sorc combo just couldn't get rationalized in my mind. I have enough difficulty getting the monk/sorc rationalized.... But you are right, there isn't anything wrong with the feat. Just one of those "non-core/Complete/XPH/BoED" things really. But that shouldn't say that there was anything wrong with the feat, though. :)

And Fenris - let's see. I didn't remeber you having the synergies listed unless you altered it after I saw it last in the E-mail. I also didn't remember you having the ink/quill/parchment either. (Aside: Did you count the 8 gp for the ink? And 1 gp for every 5 sheets of parchment as well.) Let's see ... what else... oh, the E-mail version didn't have the potions, either. But if I had to guess it would be a few changes in the skill selections. I like the craft choice - very sensible for your background ... and otherwise useful ;) . The one thing I did notice is that you took Knowledge(Undead). Is there a reason you did not just do Knowledge(Religion)? Because typically I use the Knowledge(Religion) skill to make checks against identifying undead and knowing weaknesses and the sort. But if for some reason you just want Undead and not all the perks of Religion, we can talk!

Okay. I'm off to make the rest of the post. I didn't get to it earlier becasue I got a call from someone I hadn't talked to in about 2 years and I couldn't refuse them! So I am a bit behind schedule. But the post is coming in a little bit. Never fear!

engrishonly

First Post
Okay, I think I've accounted for the remainder of the starting funds (which I will describe as gifts of the local clergy and laypeople for the purposes of the quest since it otherwise wouldn't really fit Eva's background)... I think Eva is all set to begin the adventure! :)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Great! I'll look at the stuff and let you know if there are any problems.

By the way - the game is afoot! :cool:

A couple of DM things now that the game has begun:

1. I am putting Ferrix on the ALT list of players seeing as that there is still no character sheet in the RG thread. That's fine, it reduces the party size down to 6. BUT ... that also leaves the party with no source of healing outside of arcane casters who do have limited access to healing spells through the BoED (but these spells typically do an equal amount of damage to themselves ... so it doesn't really help), those with wands of healing, and a very small amount of paladin help. So I'll leave this decision up to the party. Would you rather A) go in with 6 only B) have me recruit a 7th specifically for the cleric healing role C) have me bring along an NPC cleric who specializes in healing. Let me know your preferrences.

2. Sblocks that are preceded by a set of names in medium turquoise are for those players only. Please do not read unless you can keep that information seperate from your character knowledge. Personally, I don't much care if you read the ones not for your character - but for game realism sake any IC post that uses knowledge found in one of those Sblocks will be penalized XP. In order to keep this secret knowledge a secret, they may be discussed in the OOC thread using Sblocks as well.

3. Please use Sblocks when posting OOC stuff in the IC thread.

That's about all for know. Enjoy the game!

Eonthar

Explorer
Non-Lethal Force,

I am really sorry, but I am going to have to drop out of this game. I hope that I have not held the game up too much.

Real Life has, once again, conspired to make me have to drop out of games. I will try to follow the thread, but I will not be able to devote enough time to participate fully. So, instead of penalizing everyone, I will simply drop the game, to allow you to continue at full speed.

Sorry. Have a good game.

Bront

The man with the probe
Sorry to hear that Eonthar. Hang in there, you'll get into one eventualy. Hope you enjoy reading it :)

I'm going to make my first post in the IC thread in the morning, when I'm a bit more awake. Once I've established the character more, it's easier to post when tired, but that requires a little bit of posting first. Running on 3 hours of sleep since Saturday.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Eonthar said:
Sorry. Have a good game.

Eonthar:

Please don't feel any need to apologize. I appreciate your honesty in the matter and I respect you for knowing when to bow out. Should RL give you more time and you do infact follow the game and would like to rejoin, I'll keep your chair warm arounf the table. Please feel free to chime in once and a while in the OOC thread if you follow the game.

Everyone else:

Now that puts the above situation down to 5 PCs ... with no source of healing except arcane and wand use. Would you prefer I: A) recruit a healer type character, B) bring along an NPC healer, C) Let you all get slaughter at the mercy of my minions without having much access to healing! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, though ... the thought of having a party of Pelor worshippers without at least one being a cleric is kinda silly! :)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
No, that's cool. No offense taken at all. Other opinions?

- oh, and Bront ... go to bed and get some sleep! Before you know it you'll only get 3 more hours of sleep tonight! :p

Fenris

Adventurer
I know this Aetoi cleic of Pelor that might be able to help. ;) Good healer, Great Turner :p

NF,
Yes, I added the quill and parchment to go along with the craft. Very appropriate for his background.

But as for the KN:Religion vs KN: Undead, well based on his background he wouldn't have picked up much of rites, rituals, mythic history and ecclesiastical traditions. Just funky walking corpses. So I see two options. The more focused skill has lower DCs in the field, but obviously no other knowledge, or I go back to KN: Religion. You know why it's there, and while significant, it isn't important. So either way works.

Oh, and you owe me an email ;) When you get to it.

Fenris

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads