• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Emerald Sword Saga in FR. How?

Chaoszero

First Post
If any one is familiar with the band Rhapsody of Fire, then they know about the Emerald Sword Saga (if not, go to wikipedia for a summary).

How would this be run in a Forgotten Realms setting? The Darklands / Dar-Kunor is the biggest problem. I'm thinking of having them be Chult or the deeper south where the spellplague is more pronounced.

3e / 4e, I don't have a preference. If you know of the story and the Realms, help me out. Thanks.

Mikaze

First Post
If any one is familiar with the band Rhapsody of Fire, then they know about the Emerald Sword Saga

Oh God.

In all seriousness, I think the single most important thing you're going to need is for every player to be a Large Ham. No silent gamers lurking in the background in that campaign. Heck, recommend that they try to turn a phrase improperly or even throw in a complete non-sequitor once a session too! ("impaled of @#$%"?!?!)

That said, I'm only really familiar with certain parts of the Old Forgotten Realms, but I would probably hunt for one of the more "classic medieval fantasy" kingdoms and start pushing things a bit over the top.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads